PDA

View Full Version : if my bcs is knackered

si850r
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 19:29
Hi all

If my bcs is knackered, but im fitting a mbc.

Am I right in saying this will be over riding this so it wont need replacing?

Cheers again Si

adam280
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 19:45
Aslong as you leave it on it your mbc should work

T5frankie
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 19:53
don't it need to be plugged in so you don't get any engine warning code flash up?

adam280
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 19:57
Thats what i meant when i said leave it on

kee1173
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 20:03
Having a dumb blonde moment, what is BCS? and how would you know it is not working?
just having some niggles with the R at the mo, like it seems to idle roughly but revs perfect, also seems to pick up a lot slower than the T5 and the boost is nt as snappy as the T5, but the T5 is a ME7 and the R is nt, both Autos, The T5 feels so much more responsive, ssorry for hi jack...just your prob could be mine ...LOl

stu_850t5
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 20:08
boost control solenoid

T5frankie
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 20:12
Having a dumb blonde moment, what is BCS? and how would you know it is not working?
just having some niggles with the R at the mo, like it seems to idle roughly but revs perfect, also seems to pick up a lot slower than the T5 and the boost is nt as snappy as the T5, but the T5 is a ME7 and the R is nt, both Autos, The T5 feels so much more responsive, ssorry for hi jack...just your prob could be mine ...LOl

my r used to boost slowly and it just needed the actuator tightening me7's are computer controlled and they are much smoother

kee1173
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 20:17
Cheers Frank, done another thread so not to hijack Si's..... next blonde moment where is the actuator?

si850r
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 20:21
Cheers Frank, done another thread so not to hijack Si's..... next blonde moment where is the actuator?

Mine is by the turbo,.There s a rod coming off it with a thread at one end. It is held on by the thread end by a circlip. I you undo this circlip you can lengthen or shorten the rod too what you like..

Just make sure when you do it to check your gauge to see where it was boosting before and after playing with it.

kee1173
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 20:30
Cheers Si, prob i have is mine is a v70 and they dont have a boost gauge, think i might get one tho to see what it is boosting at...but least gives me an idea of where to look

cherry1809
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 21:12
Only need to loosen the lock nut. Actuator rod turns freely after that.
I had my MBC plumbed in without the BCS on my first T5, It was fine.
I rigged it back up after a while though for safety. Didn't notice any difference.