PDA

View Full Version : One thing after another...

silverswedemachine
Tuesday 15th March 2011, 21:34
No problems to report as such but more of problems that have been fixed, its been a pretty busy month for the DeathShed (might have to think of a new name)... After havin the rear wheels off for some reason soon after i bought it i noticed that the passenger side inner toe adjuster had a chunk of alloy missing from it, so thought it best just to get a fresher axle from a newer model... Now after listening to the power steering pump whining away for easily 5 months i decided that it was time to get it sorted and the axle... On a routine visit to one my local scrap yards, they had a fresh V70 2.5 sat there all clean and maintained, minus the front ender it had had... One week and abit of barterin later i had bought a power steerin pump and an axle with mint calipers and discs for 80 quid... Not bad... Well the axle sat bored in the corner of the garage untill i was bored enought to fit it, in the mean time i fitted the power s pump, it works great, silent and smooth... Fast forward 6 days and the car had enough, it wanted more new parts so the alternator went down, great!! Back to said scrappy, same car, one alternator, 25 quid, thanks for calling... Power s pump had to come back off which most of you know, not impressed!!! Alternator off, new(er) one on... Charging at 13.8v... Chuffed to bits... Fast forward just over a week and some time off work, the weekend just gone, axle off, newer axle on, new pads in, no drama's at all, a day and abit of lying on the floor... Time to bleed to the brakes, bled the rear's... Time for the front, Yup, both original dampers (156k) are leaking - see my post in the wanted section, cheers - wheels on and time for a test drive... For one the metal clanking that accompanied most bumps is gone and now the back does'nt move about no where as much in the corners... Just the steerin gaitor to do now, but that is another story...
Dam thing is laughin at me...