PDA

View Full Version : whoops ......

Giles
Sunday 13th March 2011, 22:40
Jet washed my engine yesterday ...... now the battery is completely dead and refuses to charge. It is also brand new (2 weeks old) ..... have I shorted something out?

i know I am a fool for this jetwashing incident, so no reminders required ;)

i also used a whole tin of 'groom' on the 2 front seats - could the wetness have got in somehow into the seats and messed with the electrics? The windows inside were steamed up this morning .....

TenaciousC
Monday 14th March 2011, 07:06
Jet washed my engine yesterday ...... now the battery is completely dead and refuses to charge. It is also brand new (2 weeks old) ..... have I shorted something out?

Did you take the battery out of the car and attempt to charge it externally?

I would look at the alternator first - they probably don't appreciate too much moisture.

C

Giles
Monday 14th March 2011, 21:35
starts ok now :) - will have to see if the battery holds out ...... what can be draining it? i heard there is a known fault for batteries being drained by something - was left for 8 days, was brand new and was absolutely flat ....

tylerman
Tuesday 15th March 2011, 08:40
What's the return spring like on the ignition barrel, ie does it return back to position position 2 after cranking as sometimes these get worn and the ignition stays inbetween the 2 not giving you proper ignition/charging system although the car would run? :wink: