PDA

View Full Version : best spark plugs...

si850r
Friday 11th March 2011, 19:03
Hi all

I want to change my plugs and I am wondering which are th e best to use.

Is it best to stay with volvo s own or an alternative?

I ve got a 'juddering ' senasation on tick over and when at a constant rpm on the motorway or dual track its almost like a slight misfire. Im hoping changing the plugs may resolve this?

T5frankie
Friday 11th March 2011, 19:16
usually does especially when plugs have been used on uprated boost

stu_850t5
Friday 11th March 2011, 19:58
theres always different views on what plugs etc........ original volvo ones dont really suit my set up. im using ngk for a sierra cosworth and dont have any trouble with them. but like i say there will be mixed views

*edit

i could whip one out and get a part number for you? try a set and see how you get on with them? mind you nearly £9 per plug

nobananas
Friday 11th March 2011, 20:47
I'm on NGK's as well. Think the standard NGK is BKR7EVX

kee1173
Friday 11th March 2011, 21:08
I have Bosch i think LOL ( cracking up ) if not NGK ....worst thing is i only change em 2 weeks ago....but i find when mine idles it seems to rumble a bit but soon as you rev it purrs, not sure if this is just what the R s are like, where as my T5 Me7 purrs on tick over and all the time... all i know is changing the plugs has nt change mine at all...Think it had NGK in and now i have changed them for Bosch Platinum but only got car back tonight so will give it a good try tomorrow

pookie
Friday 11th March 2011, 22:31
I've always used NGK Iridiums in my R and never had any problems.

Salut!

Pookie

T5frankie
Friday 11th March 2011, 23:16
i have just been through a set and just bought a brand new set of ngk iridium bkr7eix 2667
full st of 5 delivered for £28 quid cant moan at that price and they work well at 22psi lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220695692075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2815wt_1139

follow the link

T5frankie
Friday 11th March 2011, 23:18
I have Bosch i think LOL ( cracking up ) if not NGK ....worst thing is i only change em 2 weeks ago....but i find when mine idles it seems to rumble a bit but soon as you rev it purrs, not sure if this is just what the R s are like, where as my T5 Me7 purrs on tick over and all the time... all i know is changing the plugs has nt change mine at all...Think it had NGK in and now i have changed them for Bosch Platinum but only got car back tonight so will give it a good try tomorrow

mate there is no difference between engines in your t5 and r the me7's do seem smoother though