PDA

View Full Version : ebc brakes what do you think

andy l
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 14:27
hi can you tell me what you think of ebc brakes i live close to there workshop so may just go there ,,,, up graded just fronts fitted 240

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 14:55
:pants: big fat hairy pants. OK for the corsa crowd but no good on Oblovs

andy l
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 16:03
thanks for that

dicky b t5
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 17:12
:pants: big fat hairy pants. OK for the corsa crowd but no good on Oblovs

Oblov's ....Wobbly..? :drunk:

andyb
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 17:14
When I got my T5 it had EBC disks and redstuff pads on it. I can honestly say they were the worst brakes I`ve come across in 30 odd years.

Changed to 302 disks and Ferodo pads from VT.....no vibrations...no fade...excellent from cold....couldn`t ask for more..

regards

Andrew

pault5
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 17:24
hello,
using greenstuff at the mo' no better than standard but less dust.
paul

Al115
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 17:25
Are there any other "preferred" combinations for standard-sized brake discs / pads than the Brembo/Ferodo pairing? Don't the police use Mintex pads?

Just curious as I will be replacing my front discs soon enough. :)

Alastair

swordy21
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 23:10
Just put Brembo discs on the rear and will be putting Zimmerman on the front t'moro, with textar pads on both. We'll see what they do. Rears solved a lot of squeal, but fronts still squeek (I know its unusual, but they are well past it). Got a lot of judder at the mo as well. Gonna do CV joints, and hub bearings at the same time.

p fandango
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 23:13
i wouldn't touch EBC discs again (except possible grooved/drilled 1's for the rear) but my greenstuff pads are lasting ages even on cheesegraters

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 23:28
Avoid EBC's at all costs.....

I'm also stuck with greens for the time being...!!!!! :frown:

volvotuning
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 23:34
Are there any other "preferred" combinations for standard-sized brake discs / pads than the Brembo/Ferodo pairing? Don't the police use Mintex pads?

Just curious as I will be replacing my front discs soon enough. :)

Alastair

Ferodo are probably the best pads available on the market. That's why AP use them in their big brake kits too. We tested various combinations over a period of 3 years and in terms of performance for the money spent, the Ferodo pads seem to be unbeatable.

I too had major problems with EBC red stuff. They glazed, and lost all stopping power after 40 mph! Very scary.

Adam.