PDA

View Full Version : chrome bits...

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 22:27
hi chaps need 2 know some thing....ware can i bye the chrome bits 4 the engine that some of you lads have cheers...:thewave:

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 22:33
hi chaps need 2 know some thing....ware can i bye the chrome bits 4 the engine that some of you lads have cheers...:thewave:

Well, in a way, you can't. They were custom made some years ago by a forum member who was a dab hand at stainless fabrication. The good news is, I do have some spare bits - certainly a fuel rail cover, a throttle cover and a power steering cover, and an expansion tank cover as well as a brake reservoir cover. I don't have any spare of the best item though - the 'rocker' cover. They are rare and I paid a lot for several items - but I will try and get some pics up of what I have.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/shinies2.jpg

PHIL V70R
Thursday 10th March 2011, 09:00
Well, in a way, you can't. They were custom made some years ago by a forum member who was a dab hand at stainless fabrication. The good news is, I do have some spare bits - certainly a fuel rail cover, a throttle cover and a power steering cover, and an expansion tank cover as well as a brake reservoir cover. I don't have any spare of the best item though - the 'rocker' cover. They are rare and I paid a lot for several items - but I will try and get some pics up of what I have.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/shinies2.jpg

cheers mate how much would u want if u ware parting with them and i would be defo intrested lol

kee1173
Thursday 10th March 2011, 12:14
When me and my mate done up his beetle, we just took the parts we wanted chromed to this place that dipped them in the chrome ( cant think of what they were called ) but it was a metal fabricator that did chroming....... look in the yellow pages for Chromers/ metal fabricators and you might find someone local who does it......or who can point you in the right direction...

Flatout Phil
Thursday 10th March 2011, 13:11
Will get back to you later Phil.

Vikingxl
Thursday 10th March 2011, 16:45
What you really need is a nice set if chrome clock rings!

Tomcat
Thursday 10th March 2011, 16:47
No,no,no....what you really want is your covers airbrushing like I had on my 850's..(pardon the blatant sales pitch....see Linky in my sig)

kee1173
Thursday 10th March 2011, 18:34

Read that a bit quick at first :worried ...Then realised you put "clock" Rings..:rotfl:

kee1173
Thursday 10th March 2011, 18:37
No,no,no....what you really want is your covers airbrushing like I had on my 850's..(pardon the blatant sales pitch....see Linky in my sig)

Do you know or heard of a man called Phil Bisset.....does a lot of air brush customs on cars, mind you quite a while back , also does Tattooing .....apparently quite well known ......

Flatout Phil
Thursday 10th March 2011, 18:38
Why would my male chicken need a ring??? Still at work Phil - sorry, on until after 9 tonight. Looong day.

PHIL V70R
Thursday 10th March 2011, 21:27
Why would my male chicken need a ring??? Still at work Phil - sorry, on until after 9 tonight. Looong day.
lol...i hope that was clock ring...must meet him at york...nice man..lol:kiss:

Tomcat
Thursday 10th March 2011, 22:20
Do you know or heard of a man called Phil Bisset.....does a lot of air brush customs on cars, mind you quite a while back , also does Tattooing .....apparently quite well known ......

Not off hand but to be honest I haven't had much involvment in the scene over here, mostly read about the guys in the states.

kee1173
Thursday 10th March 2011, 22:30
Ok, just wondered as he has won a lot of awards for cars hes done but was quite a few years ago...all it was is he is a good friend of mine best mate......probably one of the first people to build custom cars like in custom my ride etc ....

Wobbly Dave
Friday 11th March 2011, 01:39
what like a prince albert?

PHIL V70R
Friday 11th March 2011, 12:34
albert who.....is he chrome and has he got a new dress and shoes,,,