PDA

View Full Version : Boost hoses/coolant hoses - jubilee clip size?

Giles
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 19:09
ok - just gonna get some hoses but pfvonline want £28 for the jubilee set .... this a good price? can i get them cheaper anywhere? what sizes would i need for the whole lot?

T5frankie
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 19:16
dont use jubilee clips get proper turbo clips like these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-ANYSIZE-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-EXHAUST-HOSE-CLIP-CLAMP-/380322470842?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588cfc5bba#ht_2813wt_1139

Giles
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 19:19
are they all the same size i need for the boost hoses (and how many do i need lol - they are scattered over the back garden covered in degreaser presently so have lost count) ...... think it's less than 10?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 19:40
The safest way is to measure the pipes and add 2 or 3 mil on for the thickness of the silicone, i say this because if they are too big and you have to clamp them down too much they loose their circular shape and you wont get a good seal, it is only an 8mm tolerance which aint alot when you concider the size of circumference.

I use them myself and never had one blow off.

T5frankie
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 19:46
on my saab it has standard jubilee clips and the turbo hose blew off the other day whilst engaging it some spirited driving lol, so got to buy some more myself