PDA

View Full Version : abs fault

cartoonhead
Monday 7th March 2011, 19:51
hi all im having problems with my abs not working,getting 2 fault codes reading to do with left hand rear abs sensor..have ordered other sensors but have heard might not be a sensor problem anybody know anything about this...also where does the wires plug in is it in the boot or under rear seats......cheers.....john...850 t5 saloon

Volvostorm
Monday 7th March 2011, 19:56
It could be the dry joint syndrome in the ABS ECU, I'm pretty sure it gives this fault when it is.

It been covered here lots of times.

cartoonhead
Monday 7th March 2011, 20:27
do you know how to fix it

Volvostorm
Monday 7th March 2011, 20:52
Mine's an early 850, I have a different ecu to you.

I believe to have to open up the ECU, once removed from the car, and resolder some of the joints.

Someone will be along who knows more about it

nobananas
Monday 7th March 2011, 21:10
Looky here !

http://www.freewebs.com/dacvolvo/absrepair.htm

cherry1809
Monday 7th March 2011, 21:31
And iirc the rear sensors are joined, So you have to buy a pair... Or get one from a scrappy and just join it in like I did on my old car. Worked a treat :D

cartoonhead
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 18:23
thanks for advise lads got wire from salvo 40 quid fitted today......sorted...yes...cheers

polak t5r
Sunday 13th March 2011, 12:55
hi everyone i've been away from the volvos for a while had a flirt with subaru,bmw,now i'm at mercedes but thats up for sale so i'm coming back to volvo nothing else compares [in my opinion before someone starts lol] i've just picked up a cheap v70 2.5t to shift some stuff abs units shot is there anyone on here i can send it to to solder it for me as if i try it i'll make it worse lol cheers all

jason850t5
Sunday 13th March 2011, 13:44
hi everyone i've been away from the volvos for a while had a flirt with subaru,bmw,now i'm at mercedes but thats up for sale so i'm coming back to volvo nothing else compares [in my opinion before someone starts lol] i've just picked up a cheap v70 2.5t to shift some stuff abs units shot is there anyone on here i can send it to to solder it for me as if i try it i'll make it worse lol cheers all

Which one is it? Whats the part number? I have a couple of different working ones.

polak t5r
Tuesday 15th March 2011, 09:48
i get this one took off then let you have the numbers and you can see if you've got one cheers

polak t5r
Tuesday 15th March 2011, 13:54
pm'd jason850t5