PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp bulbs.

nobananas
Monday 28th February 2011, 19:52
Any recommendations for H1 bulbs ? As we all know the 850's dipped beam is pretty hopeless, I had been using Osram Nightbreakers but they have both just gone in the same week !. I was about to order some more but wondered if anyone has used anything better ?. Philips Xtreme vision perhaps ?

stevie69
Monday 28th February 2011, 20:11
the ones you get out the pound shop are bright as..

t5 pete
Monday 28th February 2011, 20:18
the ones you get out the pound shop are bright as..

Ive often found that at the moment ive got some off ebay i think all 4 was about£10 delivered if that and there brilliant and have been going for years they also have blue coating on the bulb

Vikingxl
Monday 28th February 2011, 20:34
I just use the cheapest i can find these days they seem to last longer than the expensive ones

t5 pete
Monday 28th February 2011, 20:42
Heres the type i use and they have been brilliant
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-SERIES-92-97-XENON-HEAD-LIGHT-BULBS-SET-H1H1-/370427519204?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563f3360e4

nobananas
Monday 28th February 2011, 21:32
When the first Osram bulb went I replaced it with a cheapie and the difference was quite noticeable the cheapie was definitely dimmer ! Have tried pretend xenons before but they were dreadful in the ovlov but not bad in my Laguna strangely !. Not worried about how long they last or the cost just want my missus to see well in the dark !

Dangerous Dave
Monday 28th February 2011, 22:29
Osram Nightbreakers are the best I've had in mine, and the cheapest too, I bought a pair off ebay for about £12 delivered.

They are definately an improvement over standard.

And funnily enough mine blew almost at the same time too, one went, I popped down to halfrauds to get a spare, and on the way home, the other one flickered and died.

NorthlandDave
Monday 28th February 2011, 23:43
I'm using the Osram Night Breakers too and pleased with them, the dipped beam improved hugely compared to whatever was in there but have got used to that now, still find full beam very good. Had some Philips X-Treme Power H4 in a 940 a few years ago and was impressed with those at the time, so might try the the H1 X-Treme Power if i need to replace the Night Breakers.

Let us know how the Philips X-Treme Power are if you give them a go.