PDA

View Full Version : Rica and MBC (again.....sorry !)

nobananas
Sunday 27th February 2011, 21:10
I have a Rica 304, am I correct in saying that it should boost to around 1.1 bar ? It doesn't always manage it and the boost tends to drop off in higher gears and sit around 0.8. I fixed all boost leaks I can find and suspect the BCS may be getting past it's best. Am I correct in saying that if I re-fit my old MBC with it set at 1.1 bar the ecu should fuel correctly as that it the boost level that it's designed to permit ? Sorry I know this has been discussed previously.

p fandango
Sunday 27th February 2011, 21:12
yeh the ecu will adapt the fuelling to match the air coming in thru the MAF, just please be carefull running the 2 together because of the raised/removed safety parameters

nobananas
Sunday 27th February 2011, 21:15
Cheers Pedro, I ran the MBC inline with the BCS last time (but that was set at stock boost without the remap), is this wise or should I bin the BCS completely ?

T5frankie
Sunday 27th February 2011, 21:15
sounds like you should tighten your actuator

p fandango
Sunday 27th February 2011, 21:17
i've always ditched the BCS tbh mate, some people thing wrongly that plumbing it that way will keep Limp home mode. You will need to keep the BCS plugged in to stop the ECU spitting its dummy

nobananas
Sunday 27th February 2011, 21:26
sounds like you should tighten your actuator

Did try that a couple of months back, only a turn or two (I did set up the actuator when I rebuilt the turbo) but it made little difference in this case.