PDA

View Full Version : de-catted

T5frankie
Friday 25th February 2011, 17:23
Well i finished work early today and thought that i would take trip up to powerflow in coventry, they got the car up in the air to see wether they could de-cat my car or not and it was decided that they could do the job for £80, so no more cat for me (well at least for 9 months lol) traffic was very heavy on the 50 miles home and it was raining so couldn't test the performance difference but what i will say is its twice as loud now as it was, i don't mind this as i'm no shrinking violet and its only my weekend car now, so now its a straight through exhaust with one small powerflow box about 2/3rds of the way down what a noise though when you open it up i couldn't stop grinning (unlike my mrs who was embarrassed lol). Hopefully this will of got rid of the cars restrictiveness back to santa pod then lol

Al115
Friday 25th February 2011, 18:29
Running without a cat is a bit old-school these days, no? Put a race cat on it if you can.

p fandango
Friday 25th February 2011, 19:40
notice you've got a RIP kit in your signature now Frank, is it a proper Volvo one or you make it yourself? any pics

The Flying Moose
Friday 25th February 2011, 22:08
notice you've got a RIP kit in your signature now Frank, is it a proper Volvo one or you make it yourself? any pics

Your so behind the times Duane, Frank has had is RIP kit for ages! I believe its a genuine volvo with rouge motorsport hoses.

p fandango
Friday 25th February 2011, 22:13
Your so behind the times Duane, Frank has had is RIP kit for ages! I believe its a genuine volvo with rouge motorsport hoses.
nope didn't know any of that lol

kee1173
Friday 25th February 2011, 22:13
Have to let us know what the De cat is like Frank, might be able to convince the wife to do it but depends on how noisy, mind you still got the std system on so might not be to bad...dont know if she will appreciate the noise on the school run but then again if performance better she might go for it...specially as nigh on every day shes raced something in the T5...The R going in on monday for MOT and general overhaul, so hopefully on the road in a week ....

T5frankie
Friday 25th February 2011, 22:37

yeah as the moose says ive had it for 8 months lol with orange roose motorsport hoses