PDA

View Full Version : SRS light on MY V70 CLASSIC 2000

tom the tele
Thursday 24th February 2011, 14:49
The SRS light has a habit of staying on and on each previous fault I have taken the car to a Volvo dealer and after 10 minutes or so have been told "it is ok now" and sure enough it is ok for a while .When I ask what caused it this time they say "just a sticky relay" or some such answer .Can anybody tell me what I can do to solve the problem as I dont know if in an accident this srs will work .Any advice will be appreciated thanks

dave854
Monday 28th February 2011, 12:44
SRS should work ok if the light is off. Could be a bad contact ring - this is what connects the steering wheel airbag to the wiring loom, they can wear out - mine has so light is on all the time (well, should be, i've taken the bulb out!). Resetting it turns it off for a week or so then it'll come back. Could also be worth checking under the front seats to make sure none of the wiring under there has been disconnected for what ever reason or caught / frayed in any way. Hope this helps a little.

andyb1375
Monday 28th February 2011, 13:14
The SRS light has a habit of staying on and on each previous fault I have taken the car to a Volvo dealer and after 10 minutes or so have been told "it is ok now" and sure enough it is ok for a while .When I ask what caused it this time they say "just a sticky relay" or some such answer .Can anybody tell me what I can do to solve the problem as I dont know if in an accident this srs will work .Any advice will be appreciated thanks

Hi Buddy. Where are you based? will gladly plug it into the old machine for you

Andy

tom the tele
Monday 28th February 2011, 13:56
Thank you for your reply,and from your description of the connection to the wiring ring it sounds most likelyto be the fault TOM

tom the tele
Monday 28th February 2011, 14:00
Thanks Andy for your time but, I live in Limousin area of France so it may be a bit difficult to meet TOM