PDA

View Full Version : vented scuttle panel

Pedro Fandango
Monday 6th December 2004, 18:34
after being to scared to cut up the bonnet on BT to fit my vents i was thinking of other ways to remove heat from the engine bay, after a bit of thought i removed the rubber seal which sits on the scuttle panel (the black plastic panel below the windscreen which the wipers come out of) & seals to the underside of the bonnet. I tried it for about a week & she does seem to be holding full boost for longer. Anyway i decided to get the dremmel out & remove the actual mounting lip for the seal today (i have got pics but the computer is playing up), i haven't tried it with the lip removed yet but she should be able to remove the air even quicker now

if your tempted try this. Measure how long it takes to warm up from cold now, remove the seal & measure the time from cold again (it was noticably longer on BT so it certainly getting rid of the hot air).

However if your car is like BT & has oil on the engine then the smell of burning oil does come though the heater system when in traffic with the seal removed

Bracer
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 10:11
Lovin to work mate :wink: