PDA

View Full Version : autoglym hd wax

t5 pete
Wednesday 23rd February 2011, 23:01
Has any one used the autoglym HD wax before and if so what are you thoughts on it.
I did have a look how much it was at halfords and its £45 but had a look on ebay and its for sale there at £25 delivered which is a damm good price compaired to halfords.
Heres a link to the ebay listing
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-HIGH-DEFINITION-CARNAUBA-CAR-WAX-BRAND-NEW-hd-/180624477786?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0e0ece5a

Any info on this would be much apperciated

offtheclockuk
Thursday 24th February 2011, 00:02
hi mate,
we sell it in work for 35 quid, i havent used it myself but a customer who bought it came back and let me see the results.
Very nice glossy finish and the raindrops held pretty tight beads.
He said it wasnt any more involved than a regular wax, easy on and off.

Ta james

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 24th February 2011, 14:13
Personally I'd recommend Chemical Guys Pete's #53 signature wax. Good endurance & a great shine & reasonably priced too at around 20 quid a pot. Due to the shape of the pot - you can warm it up and drop the whole block out thus helping with direct hand application should you wish?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/chemical-guys-pete-39-s-53-paste-wax/prod_337.html

kee1173
Thursday 24th February 2011, 21:11
Never used HD wax but use Auto glyn Resin Polish then use the extra gloss protection and always comes up nice even on dull paint work and the pair together would cost about £15.00 but i have always been hapy with their products... mind you still use Mer every now and then and that is good also but try using Auto Glynns extar gloss after using ordinary polish and comes up nice....

t5 pete
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:14
Yeah i use both of them but ive always woundered what wax was like and also heared it lasted longer

kee1173
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:17
Well if you do use it let us know if much better .. to be honest always happy with mine but would like to get it with a rally deep shine....

t5 pete
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:26
Well if you do use it let us know if much better .. to be honest always happy with mine but would like to get it with a rally deep shine....

The resign polish and extra gloss put a brilliant shine on the car there really good but i dont think it lasts long enough

kee1173
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:30
You do need to keep topping up i do agree... will be interested to know if any better...mind you that is what this thread is about LOL..find Mer polish say do 2 coats and then use Auto glynn extra resin lasts a while

t5_monkey
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:34
damn... all this chat about cleaning is making me want to detail mine... got a big bag full of cleaning kit, it's still not enough :(

need a second bucket, wax, chammy and brush for wheels... better add it all to my wishlist for when I have cash!

kee1173
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:37
damn... all this chat about cleaning is making me want to detail mine... got a big bag full of cleaning kit, it's still not enough :(

need a second bucket, wax, chammy and brush for wheels... better add it all to my wishlist for when I have cash!

I know what you mean....whilst looking on here i was also watching wheeler dealers doing up an old 635 BM and it looked mint.. felt like going out and start playing with the R ....

Wobbly Dave
Friday 25th February 2011, 11:08
Yeah i use both of them but ive always woundered what wax was like and also heared it lasted longer
If you want a wax that will last a year after just 2 coats...

Collonite is the one for you.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-double-coat-wax-18fl-oz/prod_451.html

it's not the shiniest ever but boy does it last. Great for use through the winter months

graemewelch
Friday 25th February 2011, 22:53
any one used poorboys products. just bought some black hole glaze, ex sealent and nattys blue wax. had them a few months now. just need to get motavated and try them out. prob buy some swirl remover to as theres a few mark id like rid of.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 26th February 2011, 14:29
I have soome poorboys polish but I use mostly menzerna & chemical guys stuff. Mind you I have a large collection of bits & pieces occupying an entire plastic shed.

graemewelch
Saturday 26th February 2011, 19:04
canny bit of stuff you got there. my collection is rapidly growing to. just need to invest in some good polishing pads

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 26th February 2011, 21:10
Lake country pads are my fav.

t4 chump
Friday 4th March 2011, 23:56
I use hd wax on mine quite a lot. Personally i like it its a £££££££ to buff off but it does last a while mine was last waxed in sept put 3 coats o. Over a few weeks and its still beading the water now. Just a quick wash and it looks as shiney as wen i waxed & polished it. Its not the cheapest to buy but ive had the same tub for about 18months and its only used about a 1/4 of the tub and its been used a hell of a lot.

Jaseb77
Monday 7th March 2011, 10:49
I usually use CG Pete's 53 (as Dave said)

Tried Mothers SynWAX recently and was very good too on the new Silver car.

on special the now "much cheapness"

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/40__OFF_Selected_Mothers_Wax_Car_Detailling_Produc ts.html