PDA

View Full Version : Why is it pulling to left?

spikeydog
Wednesday 23rd February 2011, 17:12
Ok so here's the problem. Purchased car, months later noticed a pulling to left. Front left worn more than right, decided to change both. problem still there only worse. Tracking tested slightly out, fixed. Still pulls to left, 4 wheel tracking, problem found with left rear camber, fixed. Purchased 4 new alloys because of a failure of 2 in mot. All felt good. Few months later front left worn more than right, and pulling to the left again. Decided to self diagnose......changed front tyres round, still pulls to left. Now 2 new front tyres and it pulls to left. Ruled out camber by driving (safely) on the other side of the road and it is mildly better. had it looked at twice by different garages and they both say there is no problem, and they've checked everything, front and rear. I have reported the same to both along with the information that when driving off curbs the suspension extends and makes a very hard knock as it hits the maximum extension of its travel. The other side does not make the same sound. nor do other v40's i have been in. Thank you in advance for any help. Spikey

t5_monkey
Wednesday 23rd February 2011, 17:51
just an idea but have you checked the springs, the shocks for leaks and the topmounts?

LiamT4
Wednesday 23rd February 2011, 20:56
I'v read a few times about worn track rods causing the car to pull to the left, may be worth checking.

The-Les
Thursday 24th February 2011, 10:34
TCA bushes and poly rear mount bushes sorted mine.

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 2nd March 2011, 19:03
brake binding? bearing tight?

nobananas
Wednesday 2nd March 2011, 21:23
If you can't find a mechanical cause for the pulling (eg worn joint, shocks etc) then pulling to one side can be called by a few things, incorrect camber/different camber from one side to the other, incorrect geometry somewhere, tyre conicity, differing make of tyre or different amounts of wear from one side to the other. Many of these I think you have ruled out but the tyre wear on one side would suggest a camber issue.