PDA

View Full Version : Daytime Driving Lights

evolves40
Monday 25th July 2005, 10:49
Hi guys

Does anyone know here how to turn off the daytime lights on a volvo s40 t4 98? apparantly its possible to have them switched off so your headlights are not on all the time.

appreciate your help, cheers.

ali.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 25th July 2005, 10:59
Grub screw on the main light switch - directions are in the owners manual under daylight running lights. Most are done this way - though I am not 100% on the S40s.

S40 T4
Monday 25th July 2005, 11:27
Ive been looking for ages and havn't found a way. phase 1 s40's, are stuck with lights on, unless you want to pay £100+ at a dealer for a new switch.

nikgallagher
Monday 25th July 2005, 13:13
Try this:

Ignition at pos 0
Turn light switch to 'sidelights'
Ignition to pos II
Pull on full beam and hold
Turn light switch to '0'
Release full beam
Ignition off

Worked on my mates S40.

Realist
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 15:00
Thank you.

Worked on my S40 a treat.

laters

Try this:

Ignition at pos 0
Turn light switch to 'sidelights'
Ignition to pos II
Pull on full beam and hold
Turn light switch to '0'
Release full beam
Ignition off

Worked on my mates S40.

nikgallagher
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 15:24
Pleasure.

Majesticpower
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 21:31
While on the subject, does anyone know how to sort it on the S60?

MP.

dave
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 21:48
While on the subject, does anyone know how to sort it on the S60?

MP.

volvo dealer can turn them off via vadis thing

but why turn them off?

dave

Majesticpower
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 21:59
volvo dealer can turn them off via vadis thing

but why turn them off?

dave

Cos i find them pointless and annoying staying on constantly thats why. Renault had the right idea, my Mrs' 2004 Renault clio lights come on automatically in darkness.

Pity ours aint that clever..

Other then that it goes through bulbs more often then need be.

MP.

Al115
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 22:18
Well, they are "on" all the time for a reason. Way back when headlamps had only just been invented (or thereabouts lol), Volvo did some research on it and found that drivers noticed other cars sooner if the other vehicles had their lights on. Fact.

Plus, it's a Volvo trait... where would we be without oncoming traffic "flashing" us in daylight hours... "YES I KNOW MY LIGHTS ARE ON, IT'S A VOLVO!!!" :slap:

fraz13
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:22
lol this is true, av also had ppl shouting walking down the street "lights" and pointing lol again "A NO ITS, A FECKIN VOLVO" lol

Theres an old guy everytime he see's me he swerves towards me n sticks his full beam on, a just laugh now coz he just dont get it lol am lookin forward to the day he does it to the wrong person lol

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:36
Well, they are "on" all the time for a reason. Way back when headlamps had only just been invented (or thereabouts lol), Volvo did some research on it and found that drivers noticed other cars sooner if the other vehicles had their lights on. Fact.

Plus, it's a Volvo trait... where would we be without oncoming traffic "flashing" us in daylight hours... "YES I KNOW MY LIGHTS ARE ON, IT'S A VOLVO!!!" :slap:
I had mine off on the 850R then would turn up at meets etc and think "Damn - just doesnt feel the same" - now I have the C70 I can't bring myself to switch them off - LOL

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:52
If only I had a pound for everytime someone told me my lights were on I'd be a bloody rich bitch!!

x

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:55
I've got my daylights turned off, but still find myself running around with my headlights on...........not sure what this says for me.....????

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 23:57
I've got my daylights turned off, but still find myself running around with my headlights on...........not sure what this says for me.....????

Do you eally want us to answer that ? LOL :bog:

x

p fandango
Thursday 18th August 2005, 14:04
i always keep my headlights on let alone day running lights & don't think i've ever been told they're on (had a fellow Volvo owner point out my windows were open yesterday when i parked BT up, he didn't notice the engine was still running tho lol)

Al115
Thursday 18th August 2005, 14:57
What, with your exhaust?? :)

p fandango
Thursday 18th August 2005, 15:01
What, with your exhaust?? :)
i know, was quite an old gentleman so wonder if he was deaf lol

Mrsmopp
Thursday 18th August 2005, 15:01
i know, was quite an old gentleman so wonder if he was deaf lol

He'd have to be LOL

x

Andy
Thursday 18th August 2005, 17:45
Majestic,

See here http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3919 for how to turn the lights off.

Andy