PDA

View Full Version : s60 2.4 t5 tuning

graemewelch
Monday 21st February 2011, 18:37
ive got turkish's old t5. i know it used to be tuned to stage 2 (349 bhp). he the put it back to standard and sold it to me. im now planning on tuning it back to its former glory. currently its running stage 1 rica with large fmic.

ive built a 3" 100 cell sports down pipe and 3" exhaust for when i decied to tune it further. i cant decied weather to go custom remap or go with rica. what your opinion and experince with this level of tune. i dont fancy going with bsr or mte because of the silly money they charge. rica upgrade approx £100 or i can go custom remap for around £250-300 with a company ive used in the past. all opinions welcome

t5_monkey
Monday 21st February 2011, 20:19
If you have new injectors and downpipe plus FMIC that should be ideal for the Stock RICA stage 3 tune?

You can always get it custom tuned later on.

graemewelch
Tuesday 22nd February 2011, 19:37
whats the stage 3 ive tried seaching various different stages of rica tune but there seems to be very little info out there. or im completley usless with computers

t5_monkey
Tuesday 22nd February 2011, 20:59
whats the stage 3 ive tried seaching various different stages of rica tune but there seems to be very little info out there. or im completley usless with computers

stage 1 - remap
stage 2 - remap + cat back exhaust
stage 3 - remap + downpipe + catback (plus injectors sometime)

you should be able to add a new intercooler with an additional tune

hope that helps :D

graemewelch
Tuesday 22nd February 2011, 21:04
guess next stage is to find a helpful rica dealer and see what they can do for me