PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp wiper arm removal - how do I do it?

Flatout Phil
Sunday 20th February 2011, 16:59
How do I remove the wiper arm on the headlamp from the splined shaft? Is there a circlip or something?
Cheers,
Phil

Also, how do I change the headlamp glass? Is there a trick to it or is it pretty obvious?

cherry1809
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:15
Head lamp glass is just held in with little clips, I did it on mine, Really easy. :)
Not sure on the wipers though.

stephenevans99
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:17
I thought it was just a 10mm nut holding the arm onto the shaft. It's probably rusted itself on.....

Tip: Untighten the 10mm nut but don't remove it...that way if your tugging on the wiper arm and it suddenly gives up and releases, you don't end up impaling the wiper arm into your skull !!!!

p fandango
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:27
prise the cover off the shaft end of the wiper arm and there should be a nut underneath there

the headlight glass is held onto the plastic casing using spring clips around the edge of the glass. There are clips all around the lense so need to take light out. The unit is held in with 3x10mm bolts inside the engine bay, the covers under the headlight will need to come off, you'll need to take off the wipers to do it then the panels just pull off

cherry1809
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:42
Tip: Untighten the 10mm nut but don't remove it...that way if your tugging on the wiper arm and it suddenly gives up and releases, you don't end up impaling the wiper arm into your skull !!!!

PMSL, I've done this with a Mini steering wheel... Fat lip followed.

prise the cover off the shaft end of the wiper arm and there should be a nut underneath there

the headlight glass is held onto the plastic casing using spring clips around the edge of the glass. There are clips all around the lense so need to take light out. The unit is held in with 3x10mm bolts inside the engine bay, the covers under the headlight will need to come off, you'll need to take off the wipers to do it then the panels just pull off

Managed to get mine out without removal of the unit... Just.

p fandango
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:46
PMSL, I've done this with a Mini steering wheel... Fat lip followed.
thats how i cracked BT's screen when i took the wiper motor out

Managed to get mine out without removal of the unit... Just.
bet the clips underneath were fun lol

cherry1809
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:54
thats how i cracked BT's screen when i took the wiper motor out

bet the clips underneath were fun lol

Magnetic, Long necked screw driver helped, A LOT. Lol.

JelT5
Sunday 20th February 2011, 18:02

I removed mine in a slightly more unorthodox way...with a hammer lol
They weren't doing a lot anyway: one was vertical and waving at me over the top of the bonnet and the other was trying to remove limbs from cyclists :D

p fandango
Sunday 20th February 2011, 18:04
I removed mine in a slightly more unorthodox way...with a hammer lol
They weren't doing a lot anyway: one was vertical and waving at me over the top of the bonnet and the other was trying to remove limbs from cyclists :D
i thought i was the one who was supposed to remove things unortodox, normally with a grinder lol