PDA

View Full Version : What Turbo?? 850 t5 Auto

merc85
Saturday 19th February 2011, 20:47
Hi All,

I'm getting my 850 t5, Ecu Re-mapped and this Monday, After which i want to get a larger Turbo.

Here's my dilemma, My 850 is still running stock Conrods, and Stock Auto Gearbox which is performing faultlesly regular oil changes.

What turbo can i go upto and what boost should be safe with that turbo + standard rods?

Or am i just better off getting stronger rods 1st.

Any help much appreciated

T5frankie
Saturday 19th February 2011, 20:49
any of the td04 turbos will be fine mate after all a t5 engine is a t5 engine but you need to get it mapped after a new turbo has been fitted so that the map suits your turbo

p fandango
Saturday 19th February 2011, 20:51
your better off getting the turbo then the correct map for it. As for which turbo it depends what you want, i like 19t's but some say they are too laggy (mine was until a few more mods) & others swear by the 16t turbo

merc85
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:01
Really apreciate the reply's People, A friend who map's car's for a living is doing the mapping for me. so further mapping wont be much of a problem just wanna get rid of the boost cut outs as they are doing me head in lol.

Obvously wanna be fueling right as well. i relise that futher mapping is going to have to be done.

p fandango
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:08
Really apreciate the reply's People, A friend who map's car's for a living is doing the mapping for me. so further mapping wont be much of a problem just wanna get rid of the boost cut outs as they are doing me head in lol.
currently using an MBC are we? lol

Obvously wanna be fueling right as well. i relise that futher mapping is going to have to be done.
you'll have orange injectors (smallest used in a T-5) so plenty of bigger injectors you can use when the power increases. New rods is always a wise idea, but plenty of us are still on the Volvo ones just depends how far you want to push it really

t5_monkey
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:10
As long as your torque isn't too high auto box should be OK

use a bigger turbo to get a custom map with a linear power increase at higher RPM and you should be good :)

merc85
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:17
Damm i've been rumbled (fandango) lol, yeah been using the mbc, with good results :) until the weather changes.

Thanks T5 Monkey i've already told him i'm after more mid range to top than all low down for obvious reasons lol.

As for colour of injectors i aint got a clue.... The ones i have at the moment are Blue what in colour what ever that means?

T5frankie
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:21
Damm i've been rumbled (fandango) lol, yeah been using the mbc, with good results :) until the weather changes.

Thanks T5 Monkey i've already told him i'm after more mid range to top than all low down for obvious reasons lol.

As for colour of injectors i aint got a clue.... The ones i have at the moment are Blue what in colour what ever that means?

blue are the ones you want they have been changed they are from an me7 t5

p fandango
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:22
i do like MBC's myself :wink:

if your already using blues then you've only got Volvo Green or the VXR injectors with a higher cc than yours

merc85
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:24
Blue stuck in my mind since the last time i was under the bonnet. They are indeed Orange, with blue seals.

DOH sorry people just went outside with a torch and checked lol and it's raining LOL

p fandango
Saturday 19th February 2011, 21:27
They are indeed Orange, with blue seals.
told ya lol. I thought someone had already been playing