PDA

View Full Version : boost presure settings help or info please

lotuscorsa
Friday 18th February 2011, 19:37
Hello all,
Ihave a 2000 C70 2.4 manual LPT ME7 engine,cone air filter,stright through exhaust (still got cat).

Just fitted a HDI electronic boost controller with two settings low set at 6PSI and high set at 11PSI is 11PSI to much for these LPT volvos
It seams to be running fine but dont want to run it lean.
Is it worth changing the injectors or uping the fuel pressure cheers

lotuscorsa
Saturday 19th February 2011, 13:40
no one know

mightywolf
Saturday 19th February 2011, 19:28
I don't know much about the LPT ME7 engines. I'm a pre-ME7 guy! But I don't think the me7's like boost controllers much. Makes the ecu have a fit.
But saying that, if its electronic and set up correctly it might be ok.
Don't quote me on this or hold me to it but I would have thought 11psi might be borderline unsafe without a re-map to set it up correctly.

Pedro where are you???? (he knows plenty about this) :)

p fandango
Saturday 19th February 2011, 19:40
Pedro where are you???? (he knows plenty about this) :)
opps my bad, i only read the title & assumed he was asking what psi they run. But on the controller side Mightywolf is right, with you having an ME7 engine it won't like it & will do all it can to reduce the boost back to the correct level even. ME7's actually measure the boost level so can tell if its higher than expected, there a very fussy engine i'm afraid

lotuscorsa
Saturday 19th February 2011, 22:11
the engine runs and boost perfectly ,no spiking just goes to what i have set it at dont drops off at all,before i used a mbc and it was all over the place,just needed to know would 11psi on high boost be ok before i change the fueling

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 19th February 2011, 23:13
I ran 11-12psi on my LPT with an MBC for ages (M4.4 ecu), didn't have any problems. Thing is the LPT turbo runs out of puff at the higher revs at that pressure, so it won't go much more than that anyway.

But like has been said, the ME7 ecu will find a way to retard the performance anyway.

lotuscorsa
Sunday 20th February 2011, 10:07
When i had the mbc the ecu did find its boost most of the time mostly at high speed it would almost cut out but with the electronic controller it hold the boost spot on every time.

smithy
Sunday 20th February 2011, 10:53
i would run a lpt to 15 psi they can take it they are stronger than you think,but i would get a remap on a me7 due to all the electronics mate

lotuscorsa
Sunday 20th February 2011, 19:22
i would run a lpt to 15 psi they can take it they are stronger than you think,but i would get a remap on a me7 due to all the electronics mate

ok thanks that the answer i was looking for cheers