PDA

View Full Version : Need an uprated WasteGate actuator

wright_t5
Monday 6th December 2004, 15:47
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a new/used uprated turbo wastegate actuator, mine has suffered some problem and doesn't maintain constant boost :mad: while accelerating through the mid range,

Nedd to source one, have tried Volvo, they are very expensive, and would probably only give me a standard actuator, now I have an ECU upgrade I think I need more.... :sinner:

Can anyone out there help? :shifty:

:thewave:

855t5r
Monday 6th December 2004, 17:20
I think some people use Cosworth ones!

Not sure of the cost or even performance differences apart from feeling all warm inside to think that youve a Cosworth bit on your car!!!

Bracer
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 10:24
Are you 100% sure its your W/G and not a lazy Lamda ?

If you are try Essex Turbochargers (http://www.essexturbochargers.co.uk/index.shtml) they can do you a adjustable one for arround £80 but it will need its own mounting bracket fabricated. All in price of arround £150 will be about right thou :wink:

Regards

Steve

volvotuning
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 11:57
I think some people use Cosworth ones!

Not sure of the cost or even performance differences apart from feeling all warm inside to think that youve a Cosworth bit on your car!!!

Personally I wouldn't want anything Cosworth on my car!!!

On a technicality, the best actuator to use is a standard one.

Adam.

DRUE1
Friday 17th December 2004, 23:36
Personally I wouldn't want anything Cosworth on my car!!!

On a technicality, the best actuator to use is a standard one.

Adam.

nothing wrong with cosworth stuff m8y :wink:

volvotuning
Saturday 18th December 2004, 02:29
nothing wrong with cosworth stuff m8y :wink:

Cosworth stuff is great on a.... cosworth. ;) I'm talking about the old "boy racer" type cosworth though, and not the F1 stuff!!! Cossies are very low-tech compared to Volvo, and extra strong actuators are not required to hold big boost on the Volvo turbo setup.

Adam.