PDA

View Full Version : Etm best price??????

jason850t5
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 00:35
I rang my local main dealer the other day to get a price on a new etm, and got quoted £350 just for the part. Has anyone else recently bought the part and fitted themselves and got the dealer to just program it in? If so can you tell me how much you paid for the part and what dealer you bought from? Ive heard various prices mentioned and I'm thinking if anyone paid considerably less than what I was quoted I can order from the same dealer and get it posted. I really do hope I can avoid scrapping the car but if £350 is the best price I can get I'm afraid that's going to have to be the case.

Thanks Jason.

Al115
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 06:44
Did you already see the Thread that we had on this about a year ago? I think I linked it previously?

jason850t5
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 09:01
So Pillings in Welwyn Garden City should quote around £163.20? and Cambridge sounds like they might be cheap too. Also Cookie mentions to get price off 'rufe.' Am I right in thinking Rufe is a member on here who works in a parts department at a dealer? If so which one?

Thanks Jason.

kyebosh
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 09:10
So Pillings in Welwyn Garden City should quote around £163.20? and Cambridge sounds like they might be cheap too. Also Cookie mentions to get price off 'rufe.' Am I right in thinking Rufe is a member on here who works in a parts department at a dealer? If so which one?

Thanks Jason.

http://www.frfvolvo.co.uk/mo-volvo-parts.asp

SKIDMARKS
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 09:15
Got mine from rufe about £140 i believe

Btw that was for the whole throttle body complete plus £ 30 for Volvo to programme

Al115
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 09:32
Rufe - Yes. Look for the thread that he maintains on here for his details.

jason850t5
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 09:57
£304. Scrap yard it is then lol.

jason850t5
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 11:01
Got mine from rufe about £140 i believe

Btw that was for the whole throttle body complete plus £ 30 for Volvo to programme

Was this for the magneti marelli one.

SKIDMARKS
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 11:20
yes, mine is a P2 btw

Rufe
Wednesday 2nd March 2011, 11:03
Price is not £140 any longer.... the retail price is now around £350 inc vat. We sell them at around £300 after discount but all old references you will find regarding prices from any Volvo dealer are wrong I am afraid, this is the correct current price for this part. (Plus software, plus labour.)

The price went up over night a couple of months back with no prior warning given so we could not even stock up.

Simon

lance
Wednesday 2nd March 2011, 11:07
Rather than scraping your car straight away why not try a volvo breakers for a second hand one. Salvo etc

Rufe
Wednesday 2nd March 2011, 11:14
Rather than scraping your car straight away why not try a volvo breakers for a second hand one. Salvo etc

Used ETM's can not be reprogrammed to another car

Al115
Wednesday 2nd March 2011, 12:09
Price is not £140 any longer.... the retail price is now around £350 inc vat. We sell them at around £300 after discount but all old references you will find regarding prices from any Volvo dealer are wrong I am afraid, this is the correct current price for this part. (Plus software, plus labour.)

The price went up over night a couple of months back with no prior warning given so we could not even stock up.

Simon

Nothing personal of course Simon, but that is an unacceptable position for Volvo to take. The cars haven't stopped breaking down, have they.