PDA

View Full Version : headlight wipers

si850r
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:46
Are these easy to remove?

I want them off, I think they make the car old looking...

cheers Si

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:54
unbolt/remove the arm, the panel under the headlight is only clipped into place trying to pull it straight forward. Then you'll see either 2 or 3 bolts around the wiper spindle these are holding the motor & mechanism into place, they come out from in the engine bay (it is a tight squeeze because of everything around). Unplug the wiring & disconnect the water pipework. You can get new panels from Volvo without the holes for the wipers

si850r
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:58
cheers mate....next question....my washer for the rear window doesnt work...wheres the pipes for it so i can check there all ok?

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:02
cheers mate....next question....my washer for the rear window doesnt work...wheres the pipes for it so i can check there all ok?
got an 854 myself, but sure the pipe normally breaks at the hinge or do remember something about a joint under the boot floor that comes undone

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:04
got an 854 myself, but sure the pipe normally breaks at the hinge or do remember something about a joint under the boot floor that comes undone
Sure you dont need a grinder Pedro for your normal removal..LOL

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:17
Sure you dont need a grinder Pedro for your normal removal..LOL
i might of used a grinder but thought i'd tell him the proper way lol

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:20
had a moment of morals...lol

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:23
had a moment of morals...lol
i've offered to cut up many a members car for them thank you, but they all seem to turn down the offer so thought i'd use more varied tools out of the box that don't require total destruction lol

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:41
i've offered to cut up many a members car for them thank you, but they all seem to turn down the offer so thought i'd use more varied tools out of the box that don't require total destruction lol

Was these tools nice andd shiny.....LMAO just had a vision of you with the grinder in one hand and a nice shiny tool looking at each back an forth....lol

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:43
Was these tools nice andd shiny.....LMAO just had a vision of you with the grinder in one hand and a nice shiny tool looking at each back an forth....lol
unfortunatly my second favorite tool is the recirc saw lol

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:47
cant understand why no one wants help ....lol

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:50
cant understand why no one wants help ....lol
you just can't please some people lol

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:57
Well if i ever need an expert with a grinder and need something grinding ill give you a shout....mind you ill keep an eye on you just in case i end up with a BT,,,,lol