PDA

View Full Version : Custom Stainless at Rebel Powerpipes

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 09:50
I emptied the kitty yesterday of the last few pennies. The exhaust in the T5 was blowing a gail and due a replacement as it was still on the original silencer and pipework.

I have been spending alot of time at home recently and close to home is Rebel Powerpipes in Barton upon humber and they came reccommended by a friend.

Took a trip up and spoke to Dee Pak the garage owner and told him exactly what I was after... decat in stainless front to back, needs to sound nice on idle, quiet cruising and like a fighter jet on boost. Well he performed! All in for £300 with the lifetime guarantee.

Here's a quick video... sorry I didnt rev much the engine was cold :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGxuhmyTuks

t5_monkey
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 09:53
that sounds like a spitfire :)

JelT5
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 10:09
Nice! I like :)

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 10:22
that sounds good mate.. but also that cheered me up was the amount of smoke coming out back when cold is similar to mine.. now not only did i hear a nice sounding exhaust i feel better lol

cherry1809
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 11:44
Just vapour I'd have thought.

SKIDMARKS
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 12:03
Don't ever take it to an air show cos you will scare the crap outa everyone, them thinking it's a low flier :biggrin:

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 15:50
that sounds good mate.. but also that cheered me up was the amount of smoke coming out back when cold is similar to mine.. now not only did i hear a nice sounding exhaust i feel better lol

Mate they all smoke... its only vapour! When its warm it stops.

Don't ever take it to an air show cos you will scare the crap outa everyone, them thinking it's a low flier

I know its a little loud! I have just seen it go as smithness took it away for 4 months while im in the falklands and it sounded really nice but its a little too loud really, im going to get another silencer put in it.

si850r
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 17:58
nice...........very nice..i want one........

cherry1809
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 19:29
Ditto :)
Whats the sizes of everything at that price?

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 19:52
Ditto :)
Whats the sizes of everything at that price?

Well its 2.5" from the downpipe back, I will be fitting a 3" downpipe soon. I would have gone 3" through but it wont fit over the axle and seems daft reducing to 2.5" so its fits then going back up to 3". Silencer is probably 15" by 8".

Vikingxl
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:01
Sounds good but you might find it a little loud and droning on long journeys storm trolls old s70 sounded great until you were sat on a motorway for two hours. I still miss my miltek it was just a little louder on tickover but sounded like a jet fighter with the foot on the floor

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:04
Sounds good but you might find it a little loud and droning on long journeys storm trolls old s70 sounded great until you were sat on a motorway for two hours. I still miss my miltek it was just a little louder on tickover but sounded like a jet fighter with the foot on the floor

It certainly does drone when you accelerate from low rev's. I think ill be putting another small silencer in. I just want to keep the nice tickover sound.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:07
Cool and at least you wont be able to hear it from where you are going lol. I had a full titanium race exhaust system on my old bike and that used to spit three feet of flame out and set car alarms off at ten feet. Great fun but the police took a keen interest in it and i dont think my right ear has ever recovered from the experience. That said ive started looking at something a little louder for the new bike.

p fandango
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:09
sounds good, does that mean no more trips to Powerflow :sorry:

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:14
Cool and at least you wont be able to hear it from where you are going lol. I had a full titanium race exhaust system on my old bike and that used to spit three feet of flame out and set car alarms off at ten feet. Great fun but the police took a keen interest in it and i dont think my right ear has ever recovered from the experience. That said ive started looking at something a little louder for the new bike.

Well its popping and banging when you let off the rev's and there are some small flames as it fights for a little back pressure!

sounds good, does that mean no more trips to Powerflow

Possibly not, it was done by a powerflow dealer so will require an annual inspection to keep the warranty valid :)

shrekblackR
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 20:46
Sounds cool as man . Mine was to loud so I put a baffler in now sounds like a scooby but frightens dogs when the foot is down lol

Volvostorm
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 21:00
Cool, just the sound I want from mine :)

Eddy T
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 23:12
You can't beat that turbo burble, if its like mine, sounds like an angry scooby on idle and then scares the crap out of other motorists when you fly past.

kee1173
Tuesday 15th February 2011, 23:33
Mate they all smoke... its only vapour! When its warm it stops.
I heard they did but thought mine might have a prob as looked bad but now i know mine is ok as same ....one less thing to worry about..

I know its a little loud! I have just seen it go as smithness took it away for 4 months while im in the falklands and it sounded really nice but its a little too loud really, im going to get another silencer put in it.

Loud is good,,i would only do that if it was illegal.. be great if it was just under limit..lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 16th February 2011, 01:09
Sorry mate but i think it sounds a little "high" if you know what i mean, once you put the 3" dp on i reckon you will get a slightly deeper note then it will be perfect (in my opinion lol)