PDA

View Full Version : 2.4t lpt upgrade

mdsparky
Sunday 13th February 2011, 20:06
Hi Guys
now i know this might sound a bit strange but i've got a 2002 2.4t which i'de like to upgrade and fit a high pressure turbo to increase BHP. Does anyone know what implecations there are with regards to the ecu and boost control? do i just need to get it remapped or is there any other issues with controlling boost. Has anybody done this already? Is there an easier way to increase the BHP just by remap or bleed valve etc?
I have many questions now my Volvo has caused my divorce lol

t5_monkey
Sunday 13th February 2011, 20:29
Hi Guys
now i know this might sound a bit strange but i've got a 2002 2.4t which i'de like to upgrade and fit a high pressure turbo to increase BHP. Does anyone know what implecations there are with regards to the ecu and boost control? do i just need to get it remapped or is there any other issues with controlling boost. Has anybody done this already? Is there an easier way to increase the BHP just by remap or bleed valve etc?
I have many questions know my Volvo has caused my divorce lol

your best bet is probably just a remap - it all depends on how much you want to spend!

LPT is different to HPT, turbo, and compression ratios I believe - you wouldn't want to get more than 300bhp out of the LPT due to the engine block.