PDA

View Full Version : s60 r dials wanted

puppyd85
Sunday 13th February 2011, 18:45
got a s60 t5 will the dials from the r model fit straight in and work if so any one selling any or no where could come accross some at a good price

v70torslanda
Sunday 13th February 2011, 19:22
Someone - TomS60 IIRC - Fitted the dial faces but not the DIM etc to his car.

I believe they cost over 600 quid. They CAN'T be fitted second hand.

Get advice from someone who has done the conversion.

It's VERY expensive if you get it wrong

STEVO RRR
Sunday 13th February 2011, 19:25
got a s60 t5 will the dials from the r model fit straight in and work if so any one selling any or no where could come accross some at a good price

I saw one on ebay recently.I think he wanted £200.Look under the Volvo S60R auction.As for whether they fit or not I see no reason why not.There is only one plug behind the cluster.
REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE LEAD ON THE BATTERY OR THE `SRS
AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT` WILL ACTIVATE.
Do this before you remove the cluster.
Steve

Vikingxl
Sunday 13th February 2011, 21:05
I elieve tbey are lit from the front not the back

v70torslanda
Sunday 13th February 2011, 21:11
Yes they fit.

They also need software to be activated.

Therefore you CAN'T FIT THE 'WRONG' DIALS OR SECONDHAND ONES BECAUSE THE SOFTWARE WON'T ACTIVATE THEM!

If you don't believe me then I've got a really nice bridge for sale in London ;)

TomS60
Saturday 5th March 2011, 15:45
I did fit the faces to my dials, and it wasn't cheap! Well worth it though. I'll try and dig out the step-by-step I did whilst doing it.

LeeT5
Wednesday 9th March 2011, 02:53
I elieve tbey are lit from the front not the back

Correction: They are lit from the front by 4 LEDs shining onto the dial faces and the outside of the dials (two main dials) the outside edge....Looks like this > """""""""""""" < but in a round circle, is lit from the rear when the ambient light falls. Controlled by a light sensor on the dash and is not controlled in anyway by the turning on or off of the side or headlight switch. Fact.