PDA

View Full Version : T5 Remap

adamr8965
Saturday 12th February 2011, 17:32
Does anybody have a T5 that has been remapped?
I have a Geartronic 2.3 T5, and i'm thinking about getting it remapped with a national company that does remapping, They have a dealer in my town that will do it.

Is it recommended with been the Auto box? Because they up the torque by a fair amount and bhp will go up by about 30 ish.

I'm more interested in getting a few more mpg's out the car.

Any thoughts would be great.

Vikingxl
Saturday 12th February 2011, 17:36
Its probably easier to find a t5 that hasnt been mapped

JelT5
Saturday 12th February 2011, 17:41
It might be best if you do a search for remap threads as this usually creates a great deal of conflict on here regarding tuners!

I don't know about the geartronic boxes, but just a remap on a 850/P1 V70 autobox doesn't cause problems.
The power claims made by a lot tuners are generally on the over optimistic side, so you shouldn't have any problems.

HTH

Al115
Saturday 12th February 2011, 17:50
I have a P2 Gaytronic with a BSR remap.

Where in the country are you?

p fandango
Saturday 12th February 2011, 17:57
Its probably easier to find a t5 that hasnt been mapped
mine hasn't :bullwhip:

adamr8965
Saturday 12th February 2011, 17:57
I have a P2 Gaytronic with a BSR remap.

Where in the country are you?

East Yorkshire, Driffield.

I wasnt sure if a remap would shag the Auto box.

Al115
Saturday 12th February 2011, 18:07
Nah. Regular fluid changes and it'll be fine with sensible power levels.

Knight Rider
Saturday 12th February 2011, 22:18
Nah. Regular fluid changes and it'll be fine with sensible power levels.

What exactly is regular? Are we talking autobox flush or engine flush?

Al115
Sunday 13th February 2011, 08:30
No engine flush just oil changes every 5-10k dependent on usage. Autobox fluid change "whenever it needs it" which in my book is every few years.

MacXC60T5
Sunday 13th February 2011, 10:52
I ask this question out of ignorance and not because I am trying to be a smart ass. My 2005 T5 does not have a remap. Why should I want a remap, will it give me more mpg, will I have greater acceleration. So what will I get for £3-400. Or as a flat hatted Volvo driver who has had or driven some of the fastest cars available will I with a remap get excited and immediately notice a massive difference. I think I would be better refurbishing my wheels and brake calipers for the £300 or buy a new set of Pegs plus tyres for £400. What say you all!!!!!

claymore
Sunday 13th February 2011, 12:06
personaly I'd rather spend my money on a remap over a set of wheels any day of the week, you need to go for a drive in a remaped version of your car to appreciate the difference.

SKIDMARKS
Sunday 13th February 2011, 12:13
mine hasn't :bullwhip:

nor mine

t5_monkey
Sunday 13th February 2011, 12:15
I ask this question out of ignorance and not because I am trying to be a smart ass. My 2005 T5 does not have a remap. Why should I want a remap, will it give me more mpg, will I have greater acceleration. So what will I get for £3-400. Or as a flat hatted Volvo driver who has had or driven some of the fastest cars available will I with a remap get excited and immediately notice a massive difference. I think I would be better refurbishing my wheels and brake calipers for the £300 or buy a new set of Pegs plus tyres for £400. What say you all!!!!!

Remap :) ... then you'll get impatient and buy the wheels anyway! you know you want to :D

thebadger
Sunday 13th February 2011, 15:29
It will hurt your pocket... this is called remapped syndrome.

Basically the nice difference you get in doing it will result in you pressing one of the pedals too much & too often.

Sadly there's no known cure. :)

BruceT
Sunday 13th February 2011, 15:46
Wheels? Your car already has wheels!

Get it remapped!

Al115
Sunday 13th February 2011, 16:18

You won't (in the real world) get more MPG. You will get more acceleration and also more wheelspin. It's not going to turn your T5 into an Evo-killer (below 90, anyway) but it does make them more fun in a straight line!

Then you will notice that you need better suspension and brakes... :D

t5_monkey
Sunday 13th February 2011, 16:30
tuning is worse than crack.... more addictive that is... be warned!

Pliskin
Sunday 13th February 2011, 19:32
Remap without a doubt, but without having experienced it first hand you won't know what a difference it will make until you spend your cash.

If you want to back your bets, throw an open invite to someone to take you out in their remapped car and after you have stopped grinning, take them for a small sweet sherry and offer to put a lot of petrol in their car.

MacXC60T5
Sunday 13th February 2011, 23:44
My history ove rthe last ten years has been Volvo T5's £ T6's except from 2007 untill 2010 was driving a Jaguar S Type R with supercharger 2004 with very low mileage obviously it had an auto box. If you put your foot down it knocked your head back into the rest. Went mad and took it to Germany for a good thrash. It was fast very fast. Problem was could not transport my guns about in the boot as not enough room and some of the shoots I go to were not suitable to take a Jag so it had to go. From my Addiction post I do feel I have an addictive personality so I don't think I am going to there as once I start I will keep going. I am, however, which is strange very happy with the performance of the T5. Think I will stick to cosmetic improvements. I have been looking at the New S80V8 S60R and the V70R. Must be an age thing as my yearly change symptoms are kicking in.

adamr8965
Monday 14th February 2011, 11:13
Will see what the garage says when they ring me with a quote and power figures.

Already have the bigger brakes and uprated suspension, Found a K&N air filter and have bought a front strut brace from a guy on the forum.

Will shortly need a pair of rear tyres.

t5_monkey
Monday 14th February 2011, 13:41
Will see what the garage says when they ring me with a quote and power figures.

Already have the bigger brakes and uprated suspension, Found a K&N air filter and have bought a front strut brace from a guy on the forum.

Will shortly need a pair of rear tyres.

get it independently dynoed before and after (on a MAHA dyno) that's the only true way to know what difference the mods have actually made (apart from how it feels!)

wegal
Monday 14th February 2011, 14:59
it wont bother your box, its doesnt bother mine :-)