PDA

View Full Version : Wow its MOT Time !!!!!

thesoundcriminal
Saturday 12th February 2011, 07:19
Took the 855 for the mot this week. It failed on abs light, rear pads and bulb, I know a guy who pretty cool for MOT but he left the testing station , so needed a retest so went off to my mates garage stuck the pads on bashed the side light and it worked but the abs was more of a problem it is a bit intermittent, normally ok for about 15 mins. So got my timing just right parked up for half an hour then turned on the car fantastic the abs light went out, popped in for my retest arrrrrr I had to wait, was starting to panic should I turn off the car leave it running touch the brakes arrrrr I sat ther 20 mins starting to sweat I shouted out to this guy

" Do you want to see my abs light is out mate"

He said
"ok pull onto the ramp"

I decided not to touch the brakes so lifted the handbrake and costed onto the ramp only using my handbrake to stop.

screech.................

I done the rear pads I say

he bloody thoroughly checking everything wow the abs light is still off what luck, he says you taken the bulb out I grinned and said no

He turns the engine off and restarts the car abs comes on and thank got he gets called away. It stays on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He does not check that and prints out my pass
:)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 12th February 2011, 09:14
Nice one mate! Well done... the first thing I do with each car is remove the ABS, serive and lambda light.

ABS usually just comes on with a bit of crap on the sensor.

thesoundcriminal
Saturday 12th February 2011, 10:17
yes i might do that

nobananas
Saturday 12th February 2011, 21:19
If you remove the abs bulb from the dashboard but the tester knows that the vehicle has an ABS system fitted then you will get a fail at MOT time. The ABS lamp has to illuminate for a few seconds after the vehicle has been started and then extinguish. Most competent testers will also be able to tell if someone has just wired up the bulb to the oil pressure warning lamp (seen that a few times now lol !). You were very, very lucky that your tester didn't check the lamp after restarting it !