PDA

View Full Version : longlife full stainless

wutang247
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 20:45
finally got my exhaust done at longlife in berkeley, gotta say well pleased with the work took about 8hrs, sounds the business and spools up a lot quicker , top job, had a 3inch full system, race cat , full sport.
very loud , rumbles, and bangs on overrun lol, would defo reckomed........

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 20:48
Looks the business mate, a decent looking job.

Do you mind my asking how much it set you back?

wutang247
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 20:49
hi mate, it cost 635 all in ,took allday and was worth every penny make ill try get a video up on weekend it sounds awesome ................

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 20:52
Thanks, I was going to buy a 3" OBX system from the States but the shipping for the item was 400 dollars due to shipping restrictions.

I guess it would be around £400 without a racecat?

LiamT4
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 20:53
Thats a good price for a full ss exhaust with race cat.

BruceT
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 20:59
Hmmm longlife in Berkley you say? Hmmm you around Bristol area then?

Very good price considering the race cat and labour, may sway me from the American obx

wutang247
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:00
top engine mount went, and broke flexi on frontpipe, so i fitted a powerflex mount, then shopped around for exhausts, could get front pipe/cat in mild steel for about 200, think more like 350ish off volvo, but longlife was quite good on price, i think catback was around 300ish, so thought what the hell ill do the lot, had to drive around with a blowing frontpipe for a month mind, wasnt a good look lol

wutang247
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:01
yeah bruce im south bristol......where abouts you?

wutang247
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:10
heres a few pics i took last month, got dump valve fitted now, just need blanking plate , i love it , proper big proper fast.............

BruceT
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:10
yeah bruce im south bristol......where abouts you?

I'm in Bradley Stoke.

The Obx is 3" down pipe, no cat and 2.5" from the downpipe. Shipping and import tax make it about £450, plus a race cat, even a cheap one is about £150, plus an 2 hours fitting as the straight flange dp doesn't fit without mods as it's built for left hand drive cars - plus some welding would put it well over £650 and wouldn't be full 3"!

Think I'll give the guys a call, was it the American sounding bloke you dealt with?

Volvostorm
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:11
Looks great, can't wait to hear the video..................... Need ideas for mine! :)

wutang247
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:14
think his name was chris , he drives a audi s4 estate, one off the fitters there, funnily he was the only person there allday, he went all the way through without a lunch break lol, would say excellent service m8 well pleased .......................

BruceT
Wednesday 9th February 2011, 21:25
Might get mine done there then and scrap the obx system.

Is yours on the standard 15G turbo and straight flanged turbo out let?

I've only ever had 2.5" stainless decatted system on my previous 850 T5! That use bang like Buggery coming off boost, was insane!

I can only imagine what a full 3 inch system sounds like.

Is it just a single silencer with race cat? Is it 100 cell?

wutang247
Thursday 10th February 2011, 05:59
yh running straight flange 15t, when i get hold off 19t theyll change flange for me, yh its a 100 cell race cat, and its 3inch all the way except where it goes over axle at rear got that little bit 2.5 as i want to lower car, and boy it sounds sweet ............

BruceT
Sunday 13th February 2011, 08:28
Hello, have you managed to get a video/audio clip of how it sounds?

claymore
Sunday 13th February 2011, 09:46
Hello, have you managed to get a video/audio clip of how it sounds?

Yea, cummon, we'r waiting :)

Rnash2002
Sunday 13th February 2011, 09:55
Thats a nice job on the downpipe,better than a powerflow lol

wutang247
Sunday 13th February 2011, 14:04
will get one tomorrow as weather ****e at the moment lol

woz
Sunday 13th February 2011, 16:16
Guys,
My buddy had trouble with them as they built an exhaust for him which failed the sound test at Castle Combe - he specifically told them it was a track day car and waht the regs were. Turned out they did not have a working noise meter and built it "by ear".
Not best pleased, much wrangling later he got an excellent job from Infinity Exhausts in Yate.

I will be using them when my exhaust finally gives up the ghost.

However, I want to get an R/R test done before and after, with and without water injection. Interpro are the local "market leader" - any tips for a good RR service within 40 miles of Bristol? (given that I may need to go there frequently as the mods progress)

Theres a few of us round here - perhaps we should meet up for a beer in the summer?
Good luck all.
W

BruceT
Sunday 13th February 2011, 16:58
Guys,
My buddy had trouble with them as they built an exhaust for him which failed the sound test at Castle Combe - he specifically told them it was a track day car and waht the regs were. Turned out they did not have a working noise meter and built it "by ear".
Not best pleased, much wrangling later he got an excellent job from Infinity Exhausts in Yate.

I will be using them when my exhaust finally gives up the ghost.
H "market leader" - any tips for a good RR service within 40 miles of Bristol? (given that I may need to go there frequently as the mods progress)

Theres a few of us round here - perhaps we should meet up for a beer in the summer?
Good luck all.
W

I've used infinity on my previous 4 cars, they have recently moved premise so I don't know where they are now.

I'll see what the best price from both is, although Martyn at Infinity is always helpful :)

There is Powerstation or HLM is a little further

wutang247
Thursday 17th February 2011, 16:43
heres a quick vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKVj787Ex4
get some more very soon