PDA

View Full Version : loosing power

adam280
Friday 4th February 2011, 20:29
Hi all. My v70r is loosing power when i floor it , at about 3000rpm it starts spluttering and feels like its got loads of flat spots. But if i build the revs up slowly it feels ok, it revs ok when in neutral. Hope some one can help thanks, Adam

T5frankie
Friday 4th February 2011, 20:32
just sounds like spark plugs mate my one did the same, thats the first thing you should check

PHIL V70R
Saturday 5th February 2011, 10:55
mine went a bit like that turned out it was the bcs and vac pipes and chenged the plugs...

adam280
Wednesday 16th March 2011, 18:25
Ive replaced the bcs and the cars still playing up, i read somewhere if you disconnect the maf and it runs better its broke. I unplugged the maf and it runs better but not much boost. It felt really sluggish , i ran it for a couple of days then plugged the maf back in now it wont drive at all now just keeps jerking and sounds like its misfiring. Unplugged the maf again and it runs better but still not boosting, does this mean it's definitely the maf?. Thanks Adam.

PHIL V70R
Friday 18th March 2011, 14:35
thats how mine went mate..got a new new one from tfk trading in cornwall £40 all in works no probs...sorry 4 late post..

adam280
Friday 18th March 2011, 18:15
If the new maf dont work i will try the new plugs, was it your maf or bcs

PHIL V70R
Friday 18th March 2011, 21:28
po243 bcs was the first one..then the maf as i was doing them any way did the vac pipes as well...but the maf just shut every thing down till i unpluged it..it was ok unpluged but ran like s**t and mpg went out the door,after replaceing all that lot and the turbo mpg gone from 19 round town to 25 so alls good mate..

kee1173
Friday 18th March 2011, 21:34
Can i swap my Maf from my T5 Me7 Auto 98 to my V70R Auto not ME7 97?
Sorry for hijack, just as similar subject, plus jogged my memory ....LOL

PHIL V70R
Friday 18th March 2011, 22:01
not sure mate..but my mates got a t5 and his maf fitted my 70R...mine is 4 pin not sure about me7...some one will be along and put us right..lol

kee1173
Friday 18th March 2011, 22:10
no doubt Mate... other than that will just have a go both cars are parked outside, just trying to save a job if no good..lol

adam280
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 18:11
Fitted new maf today , still spluttering on boost, unplugged it and it drives better. Gonna change plugs now ,if it was the plugs wouldnt it splutter even if the maf was plugged in or not?

T5frankie
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 18:19
Fitted new maf today , still spluttering on boost, unplugged it and it drives better. Gonna change plugs now ,if it was the plugs wouldnt it splutter even if the maf was plugged in or not?

plugs should have been your first port of call, my first t5 had the same sort of problem 5 years ago it was only a 99 model i didnt know naff all about these cars back then and i parked it up for 2 years whilst i bought another i ended up scrapping it lol, is the maf you bought today a new one?

adam280
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 19:19
No mate, i should have bought a new one to eliminate the maf ,just didnt want to keep spending loads of cash on it. Im not saying the maf isnt working but it seems funny the car runs better when it's not plugged in. Will have to get new plugs fitted then see, cheers Adam.

adam280
Monday 11th April 2011, 15:35
fitted new plugs today and its sorted the problem, keeps idling at about 1200rpm though, ive taken the idle valve off and it moves really freely. Any ideas what this new prob could be, cheers Adam .