PDA

View Full Version : Hu 803 - 4 CD Stereo

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 22nd July 2005, 21:23
Hi, been playing tonight with my new S60 etc and as i turned the stereo on it said insert CD4, so i put a CD in ok and it played ok, tried putting another in and it wouldn't. So ejected CD 4 OK, tried another CD which was also called Cd 4, mmmm. So my question is how do i get 4 CD's in the damn thing, and if there is 3 in it for some unknown reason how do i empty the 4 and re load 4 new ones ?

dave
Saturday 23rd July 2005, 00:06
there is a cd nob for selected which cd to play, then you can eject or load, it will say on lcd screen when to load.

it will say which cd your playing, 1-4, its the round nob to the left of main off and on/volume nob

dave

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 23rd July 2005, 00:17
there is a cd nob for selected which cd to play, then you can eject or load, it will say on lcd screen when to load.

it will say which cd your playing, 1-4, its the round nob to the left of main off and on/volume nob

daveBut why doesnt it say insert Cd1 ? All it ever says is CD4, it refuses to accept any more CDs after the one i put in 1st as though it's full, anyways i'll refer to the handbook again at a reasonable hour i think.

dave
Saturday 23rd July 2005, 00:49
have you turned the nob iam talking about?

dave

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 23rd July 2005, 23:11

daveThere is nothing to the very left of my on button, it's maybee a different fascia on your newer model ? And no i'm stuck at work till 4pm Sunday so cant check it yet.

dave
Sunday 24th July 2005, 01:49
nope, the radio is the same on my s60r 2004, as it was on my 2001 s60 t5, the 803, i will take photo tommrow and put it up for you, to compare

dave

dave
Sunday 24th July 2005, 19:27
There is nothing to the very left of my on button, it's maybee a different fascia on your newer model ? And no i'm stuck at work till 4pm Sunday so cant check it yet.

sorry, your right i ment the other botton near steering wheel side

here's a pic, turn the nob that ive indicated, left or right to change cd 1-4
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=609&stc=1

dave

ps yes, done it!, lol

fraz13
Sunday 24th July 2005, 19:29
Thats some size of a pic dave lol

dave
Sunday 24th July 2005, 19:31
lol, i know, just had a look and thought thats big!

thats my first atempted at it!

dave

fraz13
Sunday 24th July 2005, 19:33
Well done on getting it in a post lol

Take it into paint and reduce the size abit tho if yer feelin adventurous lol

dave
Sunday 24th July 2005, 19:51
lol, i reduced size of pixels with photoshop, i think that program can reduce the length and width

dave

dave
Sunday 24th July 2005, 19:58
how's that fraz?

dave, lol :bricks:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 24th July 2005, 21:12
I must amit it's not the easiest radio to fiddle about with until you read the manual, surely you can load up 4 cds back to back though without fiddling with knobs, same with releasing them, dont you just eject 4 times ? I can't try as it's raining and i flattened battery Friday night too.

dave
Sunday 24th July 2005, 21:39
no, you need turn that nob, to select 1-4, to eject or load 1-4 cd's, and i read in manual that if you try to stuff cd's into it, before it says load on screen, it wont like it!

dave

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 24th July 2005, 22:00
no, you need turn that nob, to select 1-4, to eject or load 1-4 cd's, and i read in manual that if you try to stuff cd's into it, before it says load on screen, it wont like it!

daveOk thanks Dave i intend to have a play tomoz as i'm off till Thursday now.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 25th July 2005, 18:20
I learnt something else today too about the stereo, there is no code as such to enable it, it's all in the cars ecu, so if u have a flat battery or take the radio out etc it will always work again, unless you swap it for a different one, clever innit.

dave
Monday 25th July 2005, 19:07
yep, good to know, have you got it working now?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 25th July 2005, 19:29
yep, good to know, have you got it working now?Not tried i just put battery on charge all day, will have a play tomorrow on way for the service.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 18:20
Right Dave yea i got it working OK now m8 ta, piece of cake when u know how - cheers.