PDA

View Full Version : Im back... with an 850 T5

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:15
Well thanks to the kind generosity of you all after my accident I have been able to quickly return to the fold.

I have been pondering for weeks what to buy to replace the T5-R and have seen many decent looking cars.

The opportunity however to buy back my old 855 T5 arose... I therefore took the bait and after a journey up to Gateshead with smithness we collected my old car. She has done 500 miles since I sold her and is still in A1 condition just done 136k.

Its a funny old thing I sold the estate to buy the T5-R as I was forever trying to make the estate into the R spec. I think the 854 was cursed from day one as for those who remember I towed it back home with the estate and encountered a huge recovery bill after a trailer blow-out and shortly there after the ultimate fate of a completely destroyed car.

Ironically now I have all the parts (bar the odd part) to do what I always wanted to do with the estate.

With the money left over after the £150 fuel bill returning the car home I have bought an OBX turbo back exhaust.

Today I started putting bits on her, I have managed to fit the short shifter kit, BSR induction kit and R steering wheel.

On the list to still be fitted is the following:
- 16T Turbo
- 350CC Whites
- Dump Valve and blanking plate
- 302 Brake conversion with DS2500 pads
- Blitz Dual SBC Boost Controller
- IPD Strut Brace
- IPD Front & Rear ARB's
- Powerflex poly bushes,
- Koni FSD shock absorbers
- H&R coil springs
- OBX Exhaust (2.5" with 3" DP)

She's back :)

http://i53.tinypic.com/ay2c00.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/j0b0n9.jpg

Ill keep you all posted with pictures and reports.

JT
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:20
Welcome back!

never really left did ya? lol

JT

t5 pete
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:21
Thats good to hear and at least you have all the parts of your t5r to put on it

stu_850t5
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:22
add V70 rear's to your list too

claymore
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:23
Well done bud, better the devil you know.

p fandango
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:37
nice one, the estate was always well looked after & in good condition. Really needs an R bumper tho mate

leet5r
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:48
welcome back , even tho ya never left haha , hope have good luck with this 1 m8

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:55
nice one, the estate was always well looked after & in good condition. Really needs an R bumper tho mate

Well funny you mension that... I have an R bumper in the garage dont I!

Thats one of the jobs tomorrow. I still have a litre of paint in this cars colour so going to have a crack at spraying it myself.

Just wondering whether TC's splitter is repairable... its broke in three places.

p fandango
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 21:59
Well funny you mension that... I have an R bumper in the garage dont I!

Thats one of the jobs tomorrow. I still have a litre of paint in this cars colour so going to have a crack at spraying it myself.

Just wondering whether TC's splitter is repairable... its broke in three places.
i thought you'd sold the bumper on tbh, if the splitter can't be repaired can it be cut up just to make corner splitters

T5frankie
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:00
lol, very funny mate, not a bad motor that, needs lowering though

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:03
i thought you'd sold the bumper on tbh, if the splitter can't be repaired can it be cut up just to make corner splitters

No never, they are far to rare to sell on! Never thought of that... ill take a look tomorrow.

lol, very funny mate, not a bad motor that, needs lowering though

Funny I think its the motor that kept up with yours ;)

As for lowering the FSD's and 40mm H&R lowering springs will be going on sunday fingers crossed.

Guess it was jealous I had sold it for a different T5 and sought its revenge...

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:04
Had you been somewhere then? Glad to see you're back up and running, no more fox hunting. :)

Tomcat
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:08
If the splitters knackered just bin it and I'll make you another one..

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:18
If the splitters knackered just bin it and I'll make you another one..

TC...knackered is the wrong word! As we all know I only swerved the fox to avoid damaging your splitter :(

I would bin it and buy another off you mate but I really cant afford it.

Volvostorm
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:24
Glad to hear you have some 'new' wheels mate :) Your estate looks great, hope mine will look as good

wegal
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:24
Christ we gave him all that money and he still wont go away LOL.

Welcome back mate :-)

BruceT
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 22:56
Keep me posted on the obx and import costs as I'm about to buy mine next month!

Ps. I've heard there bitch to fit with a straight flange dp due to the steering rack as there ment for lhd.

T5frankie
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 23:00
No never, they are far to rare to sell on! Never thought of that... ill take a look tomorrow.

Funny I think its the motor that kept up with yours ;)

As for lowering the FSD's and 40mm H&R lowering springs will be going on sunday fingers crossed.

Guess it was jealous I had sold it for a different T5 and sought its revenge...

kept up with me my arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 23:12
Keep me posted on the obx and import costs as I'm about to buy mine next month!

Ps. I've heard there bitch to fit with a straight flange dp due to the steering rack as there ment for lhd.

No problem will do mate. I think you need to dent it with a hammer to get it in :saythat:

martybelfastt5
Thursday 3rd February 2011, 23:31
happy days mate well at least youve some bits for the old girl,,get cracking,lol

cherry1809
Friday 4th February 2011, 00:31
Well done on the purchase :)
Let me know also on the full cost of the OBX. I found somewhere that sells them for $350 but they wanted $500+ shipping!
Really wanted my suspension, Remap, Filter and exhaust sorted before June.
Just for the France trip I think I'll knock up a downpipe back system with just the chavvy back box I have in the shed. :D

Tomcat
Friday 4th February 2011, 07:10
TC...knackered is the wrong word! As we all know I only swerved the fox to avoid damaging your splitter :(

I would bin it and buy another off you mate but I really cant afford it.

That's not what I meant, if you can pay for the postage then I'll just replace it Foc.

JelT5
Friday 4th February 2011, 08:31
Well done mate...good list of bits to go on the car too :)

The Flying Moose
Friday 4th February 2011, 16:00
That's not what I meant, if you can pay for the postage then I'll just replace it Foc.

Wow thanks TC thats a really Kind offer. Of course I can and can slip you some extra too.

Let me know how much you need and ill get it sent.

Cheers

The Flying Moose
Friday 4th February 2011, 16:01
Well done on the purchase :)
Let me know also on the full cost of the OBX. I found somewhere that sells them for $350 but they wanted $500+ shipping!
Really wanted my suspension, Remap, Filter and exhaust sorted before June.
Just for the France trip I think I'll knock up a downpipe back system with just the chavvy back box I have in the shed. :D

The full cost of shipping including the OBX via priority 4 day delievery is 585 US dollars which is roughly £365. If stung by tax it will be approx £410.

The Flying Moose
Friday 4th February 2011, 17:47
Well I got some more work done on the car today. I managed to fit the Poly top mount, BSR induction kit, white injectors, T5-R steering wheel and TWR badge.

I would have gotten the brakes done today also if it werent for the fact I am still waiting for the locking wheel nut key from the previous owner!

I was going to fit the T5-R badge but decided against it for now at least as it simply isnt one, I think the TWR badge is a good edition though and acts almost as a double commemoration to my old T5-R and the late Tom Walkinshaw himself. Unfortunately the 850 badge has faded a little so I need to put the 854's badge on instead too I think.

Excuse the filthy car I havent properly cleaned it yet (thats tomorrow's job). Oh and thats just powder on the steering wheel made worse by the flash ;)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMAG0188800x600.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMAG0189800x600.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMAG0191800x600.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/IMAG0190800x600.jpg

LiamT4
Friday 4th February 2011, 21:37
Will you get a chance to do a 1/4mile in it before you have to go?

BTW, i'v still got that k&n if you need it.

james
Friday 4th February 2011, 22:44
hi there the bodywork looks mint mate. nice car

Dangerous Dave
Friday 4th February 2011, 23:28
Lookng good Emlyn, Welcome back! (as it were)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 5th February 2011, 01:03
Will you get a chance to do a 1/4mile in it before you have to go?

BTW, i'v still got that k&n if you need it.

Im hoping so mate, I am set for a remap next Thursday or Friday and providing the weather is good the Turbo will be going on this Sunday. I can live with the decat and suitcase for now.

Just got the Blitz on and the whites and she runs real nice. Just need the map to take away the boost cut then fit the 16T and run it at 1.2/1.3bar all day long.

Rnash2002
Saturday 5th February 2011, 10:44
Im hoping so mate, I am set for a remap next Thursday or Friday and providing the weather is good the Turbo will be going on this Sunday. I can live with the decat and suitcase for now.

Just got the Blitz on and the whites and she runs real nice. Just need the map to take away the boost cut then fit the 16T and run it at 1.2/1.3bar all day long.

Wouldnt it be better to fit the 16t before the remap.

Jim S70R
Saturday 5th February 2011, 10:53
Lovely looking 855, I bet your glad to behind the wheel of your own t5 again.

AndysR
Saturday 5th February 2011, 18:34
Good to see your back in a Volvo again and your old one too no less.

Be good to see the car in the flesh some day :)

TC your a true gent :)

claymore
Saturday 5th February 2011, 18:49
Wouldnt it be better to fit the 16t before the remap.

Think Emlyn said he was fitting the turbo tomorrow and having the map done on thursday/Friday

t5 pete
Saturday 5th February 2011, 19:01
What map you going for emlyn? that seemed a good one that james had when he fitted the 16t to his car and got good figures from it

Jamest5r
Sunday 6th February 2011, 19:56
Bloody hell where do i start? a few thousand posts and a few hundred thread's since i last logged on lol so this seemed a good place....congrats on your new/old t5 "flying moose"(suits you sir), i understand your logic and as pete say's ask hamish for a copy of the last map he has on file for my car it got 269whp with a 16t.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 6th February 2011, 20:37
Bloody hell where do i start? a few thousand posts and a few hundred thread's since i last logged on lol so this seemed a good place....congrats on your new/old t5 "flying moose"(suits you sir), i understand your logic and as pete say's ask hamish for a copy of the last map he has on file for my car it got 269whp with a 16t.

Cheers James, Im actually getting a Map from Adam as he has very Kindly offered me a Genuine up to date Rica re-map for free :)

T5frankie
Sunday 6th February 2011, 21:01
you do seem to get alot of free stuff emlyn ????

The Flying Moose
Sunday 6th February 2011, 21:03
you do seem to get alot of free stuff emlyn ????

Well its not my charm or good looks so who knows Frankie?

Tomcat
Sunday 6th February 2011, 21:55
It's sympathy mate... lol.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th February 2011, 12:38
told u not to get rid of all the bits too quickly ;) When you get back from the F.I. you can book a weekend & we will sort out the paint work/ full valet, if you wish?