PDA

View Full Version : very stupid question i am sure but i have to ask

watchmytracer
Tuesday 1st February 2011, 20:08
if i get a set of 4 new lowered springs 30mm http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=6745
will i then need special shocks/dampers to go with them or do i buy standard ones

as you will see by my posts i am about to get car back up to an acceptable working order after rear new rear axle but worried that i should be replacing all other items new at same time but cost of decent springs and shocks seems steep for everyday use but these springs seem ok just not sure what to put with them cheers in advance

t5 pete
Tuesday 1st February 2011, 20:10
original shocks are fine

t5_monkey
Tuesday 1st February 2011, 20:12
no... but your current dampers may wear out faster - what mileage have they done already ?

watchmytracer
Tuesday 1st February 2011, 20:22
i have not done anything with suspension since having car 1 year but since this pending rear axle change nivomats to normal springs also i am starting to read so many posts and thinking maybe do something slightly better as doing front rubber suspension mounts also there seems to be so many choices so am i best to stay away from lowered springs unless they are backed up with decent dampers/shocks