PDA

View Full Version : passenger air bag c70 help

streaky744
Sunday 30th January 2011, 22:23
is there anyway to disable the passenger airbag on a c70 so it does not go off in an accident?

is it as simple as unplug the airbag (know light will come on) or would it stop others working if did this?

only asking as yes you guessed it, the mrs can't get little man in and out of the back of the c70 as car seat is rear facing at the minute so would make life easier if could put child seat in the front for her when she uses the car.

or it pains me that she says i'll have to sell the car to get 4 doors again. up side she still wants a t5 or a honda ATR that she has seen.

Flatout Phil
Monday 31st January 2011, 11:21
is there anyway to disable the passenger airbag on a c70 so it does not go off in an accident?

is it as simple as unplug the airbag (know light will come on) or would it stop others working if did this?

only asking as yes you guessed it, the mrs can't get little man in and out of the back of the c70 as car seat is rear facing at the minute so would make life easier if could put child seat in the front for her when she uses the car.

or it pains me that she says i'll have to sell the car to get 4 doors again. up side she still wants a t5 or a honda ATR that she has seen.

I should give Rufe a ring - if he doesn't know, he will find out. I have a nasty feeling that like so many cars, it lacks a deactivation key. Does the C70 have a facility for Isofix? There are some clever seat-systems that make securing much easier than when mine were little where you have to wrap the belts all over the place. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&categoryId=165764&langId=-1&action=listrefine&constraints=teq||Isofix||Yes||sor||Price||1