PDA

View Full Version : h.i.ds

nottsgreent5
Sunday 30th January 2011, 08:06
went to my local motorworld the other day to buy a set of h.i.ds and the guy said to me they stopped selling them as retro fit kits are being made illegal later on this year and there is no way a car fitted with these will pass an mot . bit gutted to here that cuz ive wanted a set for ages lol ive looked on line and cant find anything about this new law does anybody else have any idea

Volvostorm
Sunday 30th January 2011, 11:01
Legally HIDS have to have self-leveling built in to stop the dazzling, and I think headlight washers.

Not heard this rule myself, I've had them in my Volvo for the last few years, never had a problem come MOT time.

SKIDMARKS
Sunday 30th January 2011, 14:50
Yes...gonna become part of the mot as per a previous thread on here

Btw I believe it's the 2012 mot that will affect !

Flatout Phil
Sunday 30th January 2011, 19:18
went to my local motorworld the other day to buy a set of h.i.ds and the guy said to me they stopped selling them as retro fit kits are being made illegal later on this year and there is no way a car fitted with these will pass an mot . bit gutted to here that cuz ive wanted a set for ages lol ive looked on line and cant find anything about this new law does anybody else have any idea

I know there are other documents, but this is pretty clear. I have un HIDded the R - but more because it made it look chavvy. Have less impressive but much better than standard Osram NightBreakers (about £10 a pair off Ebay).

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps