PDA

View Full Version : lowering kits

Ade
Friday 28th January 2011, 14:53
I see plenty of lowering spring kits available, but what about shocks and spring kits? Any recommendations?
Rough costs?

Also what spring kits give the biggest drop?

t5_monkey
Friday 28th January 2011, 16:25
Always been happy with Eibachs here... not tried any others.

frobes2
Friday 28th January 2011, 16:51
my car sits a little bit high for my liking and I am running Koni adjustables (yellows) with Eibach springs. My old standard springs and shocks were very tired and therefore the car looked low at the front.

However, even though I want it to be lower, for visual effect, I do like the way the car drives. It handles really nice just with new top mounts and an oe front strut brace (the rear is on it's way!). I will soon be getting the ipd anti roll bars and heavy duty droplinks (meyle) but the ride is lovely and comfortable at the moment..

The cost was expensive but worth it, I paid £300 for the yellow Koni kit from Larkspeed then ditched/sold the crappy springs they give you in the kit for the Eibachs which are about £220 new but I got them second hand (even though they hadn't been fitted to a car!) and paid £100 for the lot, happy days..

I really want the Leda/Gaz coilovers but they are getting mixed reviews at the moment and not sure I could handle (pardon the pun) the crashy ride!!! saying that I don't do too many track days so not sure yet, I might just take an angle grinder to all four springs to make it sit lower.. lol, just like my old banger racing cars!

Hope this helps,

Scott..

Dan850r
Friday 28th January 2011, 17:23
I had ledas on my old 850r, i managed to get them second hand at half the price of Fsd's. They were very firm though and wouldn't recommend them for everyday driving they would soon get tiring. But it handled very well. Gone for eibachs this time on standard dampers for now but the cars off the road for now so don't know what's it's like