PDA

View Full Version : time for a service

gjb71
Friday 22nd July 2005, 10:53
can any1 recommend a good garage to service my p2 t5, tried the local dealer evans halshaw (oldham) and they quoted £281 for a minor service seems a bit steep to me.

mat562be
Friday 22nd July 2005, 12:58
can any1 recommend a good garage to service my p2 t5, tried the local dealer evans halshaw (oldham) and they quoted £281 for a minor service seems a bit steep to me.

My local main dealer charged me £285 for a service involving: oil & filter, air filter, pollen filter, a couple of plastic bits, costing 50p each, and a bulb for the rear number plate. Before you say it, it's under warranty, so I needed the dealer stamp.

My V70N T5 will be going to my local independent in future - they quoted me around half the above, and have a great reputation.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 1st August 2005, 17:12
My local main dealer charged me £285 for a service involving: oil & filter, air filter, pollen filter, a couple of plastic bits, costing 50p each, and a bulb for the rear number plate. Before you say it, it's under warranty, so I needed the dealer stamp.

My V70N T5 will be going to my local independent in future - they quoted me around half the above, and have a great reputation.Mat i just had my 84000 service at Pengellys in Nottingham, £130, the 96000 is the biggy inc. cambelt etc @ 5hrs labour and it's going to be about the £420 mark. Can't wait lol...

Vikingxl
Monday 1st August 2005, 17:17
Its worth shopping around. VT did my cambelt for about £100 and im sure they would do the rest of the service for you , might be a long drive but if the price is right might be worth a look.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 1st August 2005, 21:27
Its worth shopping around. VT did my cambelt for about £100 and im sure they would do the rest of the service for you , might be a long drive but if the price is right might be worth a look.Cambelt for S60 is £150 all in i was quoted, it will take me ages to put 12000 on the clock, and i think VT is too far or a service, will cost me £50 in petrol at least a time.

Pliskin
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 00:40
Hi,
If you don't mind the ride out, Independant Vehicles Services in Manway Business Park, Canal Rd, Altrincham 969 1551 are worth a shout.

They are ex Volvo main-stealer mechanics, but without the steal and really know their stuff.

Regards,

gjb71
Monday 15th August 2005, 10:36
thanks for the repiles, i've found one place near hyde, just off the m67 east terminal roundabout,on sand pits industrail estate has anyone tried there.

main stealers told me i could expect bill of at least £600 :jaw: for 96k service,(now 80k) so i need to find somewhere i can trust

Goof
Monday 15th August 2005, 12:28
120k service at main dealer was £280 (included aux drivebelt change, but no plugs or air filter [i'd changed these recently]).

01c70t5
Monday 15th August 2005, 12:49
thanks for the repiles, i've found one place near hyde, just off the m67 east terminal roundabout,on sand pits industrail estate has anyone tried there.

main stealers told me i could expect bill of at least £600 :jaw: for 96k service,(now 80k) so i need to find somewhere i can trust
It's not in the nicest of places...

There is one in Stockport thats an ex-dealer. Used to be (what is now) Evans Halshaw (Stockport) trained. Can't remember what it's called :slap: but he's behind the BMW dealership.