PDA

View Full Version : So ****ed off at Volvo just now!

doumac
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 19:31
Hi Guys

With my ongoing saga of trying to source an exhaust trim cover on my V70R bumper I have become irate at Volvo's attitude.

This is a detachable part that's worth a fiver on a good day, but I've to spend a fortune on an entire new bumper to get it.

I would rather they told me to F*** Off than feed me bulls**t. They have no control over parts manufacturers or dealerships according to Volvo HQ. Aye right and Elvis works in a chip shop in Manchester.

Hate to say it guys but in my dealings with BMW parts, as a young man, the exhaust trim cover would be in my possession by now, with a compliment slip.

I have 3 Volvos just now with a cost to me of over £46k, you would really think that could warrant a little effort on Volvo's part.

I told them that if this was their last word then I had bought my last Volvo, and I meant it.

Rant over.

Cheers

volvokid
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 19:38
Yip volvo uk suck! They really think its people with no brains buying there cars, so they feed them a load of bull.

Santa
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 19:39
Feel free to rant and I offer a hug and sympathetic ear.

Have you got the trim now?

doumac
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 19:41
Feel free to rant and I offer a hug and sympathetic ear.

Have you got the trim now?

No, can't source it anywhere. Been trawling the internet for breakers, etc, but no joy!

t5_monkey
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 20:03
have you tried FRF parts ?

Santa
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 20:04
I know people keep mentioning a part supplier on here which I think is called FRF? Might be worth contacting them? (Details in the dealer thingy section).

p fandango
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 21:14
FRF (ie Rufe) is a Volvo main dealer who gives discount to the forum/s & does mail order, BUT as he is a main dealer he can only supply what Volvo give him. So as Volvo UK won't supply the trim on its own without having to buy a bumper i very much doubt he can do anything i'm afaid

gmain1967
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 22:02
Not sure, but would this do? Expensive for what it is, but looks classy and cheaper than a bumper!

http://carbonfiberwerks.stimuluscreations.com/product%20photos/CS607%20copy.jpg

STEVO RRR
Monday 24th January 2011, 12:14
Not sure, but would this do? Expensive for what it is, but looks classy and cheaper than a bumper!

http://carbonfiberwerks.stimuluscreations.com/product%20photos/CS607%20copy.jpg

I agree with gmain.Get one of these.As for Volvo what can you say?
I needed a new ballast for my R.Volvo dont supply just the Ballast.You have to buy the igniter too at a cost of £270+.I needed JUST a headlight casing but headlights only come with ballast,igniter and bulbs included(£120 for dipped beam bulb when the same Phillips bulbs are available on ebay for £40)
The cost for a headlightis a mind boggling £668 +Vat.

They dont make it easy for owners at all and the chances of me EVER buying another are miniscule.

30 holes(drilled into back of headlight and main beam covers all covered with gore - tex)later I think I`ve sorted my condensation problem but I see it as a victory agaist Volvo UK and a massive two fingers to the lot of them.
Owning a car shouldnt be about that should it?

I share your pain on this.Have you thought of taking it to a bodyshop and getting one made?They can do a lot with fibre glass moulding these days.

Good Luck

Steve