PDA

View Full Version : Run mbc with Re-mapped ecu??

merc85
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 21:18
Hi, ive a 850 t5 1995 auto, currently running 12psi with mbc, as the original bcs valve packed up.

I will be getting a re map soon and want to know if i can keep my mbc, dont want the added cost of buying/going back to the standard bcs valve.

Any advice much apreciated

p fandango
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 21:20
you can but be very VERY careful as the remap will of either removed or raised the MAF's boost cut so you'll have no protection to save your conrods.

claymore
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 21:21
I'v ran a re-map with an mbc for 18 months with no problems

stu_850t5
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 21:24
as you know gav ive got a rica'd ecu and have my blitz digital controller, i still had to have my BCS. i run the EBC in line with the BCS. (confuses it i think) currently running 19 psi

WOODY T5
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 22:00
yeah me to running a mte map with blitz dual con on 1.3boost and 1.5 for over a year with no probs.

nobananas
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 22:50
A safe starting point may be to set your MBC at the boost level that your re-map would normally allow. With RICA my T5 is supposed (I believe) to boost to 1.1 bar but seldom does.

cherry1809
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 11:37
You should still see an improvment running the MBC at standard boost, As it'll give better spool up.
You can pick another BCS up cheap enough from the for sale section too. Always cars being broken :)

nobananas
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 19:26
You should still see an improvment running the MBC at standard boost, As it'll give better spool up.
You can pick another BCS up cheap enough from the for sale section too. Always cars being broken :)

I'd agree with that, before being Rica'd I was running an MBC with it just set at stock boost and it was certainly an improvement.