PDA

View Full Version : Back in Black (T4)!

gmain1967
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:16
Some pics of the car after a couple of minor jobs today - carbon fibred the small area of rust at the usual bit at the foot of the rear arch around the door, and did same for the wheel centres. A wash and a dry, and here it is.

Looking to keep it as a project - company car coming next week as part of new job, so I have the luxury of being able to do bits and pieces, and not have to have the car up and running to use. Makes life easier, and allows for more major work.....!!!!

Cheers

phelpsy-t4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:29
looks great..have you thought about getting plain black mesh grill?? the real sleeper look? got 1 on mine if u wanna take a look

LiamT4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:31
I'm liking that, a lot!!

You must take it to a 1/4mile sometime and keep us updated with what you do to it.

phelpsy-t4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:33
a better pic

gmain1967
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:34
looks great..have you thought about getting plain black mesh grill?? the real sleeper look? got 1 on mine if u wanna take a look

I like the egg crate grille tbh, but fire up a pic by all means! My focus is going to be more on performance rather than looks, though I am going to change to smoked marker lights...!

Cheers

LiamT4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:39
I like the egg crate grille tbh, but fire up a pic by all means! My focus is going to be more on performance rather than looks, though I am going to change to smoked marker lights...!

Cheers

A small but worthwhile asthetic mod, imo.

phelpsy-t4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:47
fair ehough. where did you get your induction kit? im thinking of getting 1 as i have orginal air box with ing panel atm. make much sound difference?

gmain1967
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 19:58
fair ehough. where did you get your induction kit? im thinking of getting 1 as i have orginal air box with ing panel atm. make much sound difference?

Not sure as it was on car as I got it... On my past T4's, I've fitted k and n cone kit though if I was doing it from scratch again, would probably go for an enclosed intake system like the CDA setup.

The cone does make more noise that is for sure, but nothing in comparison to say a dumpvalve...!

LiamT4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:03
Not sure as it was on car as I got it... On my past T4's, I've fitted k and n cone kit though if I was doing it from scratch again, would probably go for an enclosed intake system like the CDA setup.

The cone does make more noise that is for sure, but nothing in comparison to say a dumpvalve...!

You'd be surprised how loud a bmc cda is when its got an aluminium cold air feed, not as loud as a dv but deeper. Put it this way, my mates could here mine when they were driving alongside me!

t5_monkey
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:09
Very nice Motor Grant :) Make a great wee project - looking forward to catching up once the meetings start up again :D

phelpsy-t4
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:09
il have a shop around then,,not bak in country for another 6 weeks so got plenty time! you got n e more plans for the near future?

gmain1967
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:21
Very nice Motor Grant :) Make a great wee project - looking forward to catching up once the meetings start up again :D

Hopefully make it back up the road at weekends and be able to make meets - start new job on Tuesday this week and going to be away Mondays to Fridays after that. Depending how things go, may look to move nearer to the factory, even though I'll be travelling a lot again....!

t5_monkey
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:28
Hopefully make it back up the road at weekends and be able to make meets - start new job on Tuesday this week and going to be away Mondays to Fridays after that. Depending how things go, may look to move nearer to the factory, even though I'll be travelling a lot again....!

Awesome, good luck with your new job!

Did you say you had a company car too... what is it, anything exciting?

If you're using the T4... will save you a fair bit in petrol in comparison to a T5 :)

gmain1967
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:38
Awesome, good luck with your new job!

Did you say you had a company car too... what is it, anything exciting?

If you're using the T4... will save you a fair bit in petrol in comparison to a T5 :)

Cheers. Yep, getting a car this week, not entirely sure what yet, for a number of reasons...!! Currently, T4 probably about same as the T5 for mpg, due to rear lambda sensor issue...

It'll be a blessing to get back to circuit boards and away from tree cutting!

gmain1967
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 22:11
As above. If I can get the IC piping to stop blowing itself apart too, it will be a start......!