PDA

View Full Version : Help please. Rear wiper problem.

flyingbrick
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 18:10
Hi guys.

Like in title. My rear wiper works but it moving very slow. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem. The front wipers sweep the screen at normal speed. Will it be a lazy motor or something. No other electrical problems with the car so am thinking it will not be the battery.

p fandango
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 18:17
its the metal grommet going thru the glass, the different metal in the collar & on the wiper shaft corrode against each other. You need to strip it down, remove the wiper arm/shaft & grease it up

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 18:19
If it's an estate then it's probably the seal that's gone. When this fails it allows water into the mechanism, the wiper shaft runs through an aluminium cradle which once wet rusts and gradualy seizes the wiper up. When mine went I had to take the mechanism appart, sand off the corrosion and apply a liberal coating of grease, or failing that just replace it.

**Bugger......beaten to it again**

flyingbrick
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 18:21
Well done Pedro Top man thanks very much.

Thanks aswell Craig.......

Redbrick
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 20:32
You'll also find the black plastic sleeve that passes through the tailgate and glass will be cracked. Get a new one from a dealer before you re-assemble it all or from experience you'll be doing it all again in a couple of weeks.

flyingbrick
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 19:43
O.K. will do thanks very much..........