PDA

View Full Version : T5r- 1995 brake problems

v70rs
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 16:27
I have a problem with the braking system. Every now and again, especially when I'm having to pump the brake pedal a few times quickly, the brake pedal becomes really hard and the brakes lose their efficiency. The servo's fine. I spent £200 today replacing all the brake seals in the calipers and refurbing them, but still the same issue.

If it helps diagnosing the problem, when on the motorway, I'm driving the car hard and on high revs, it misses slightly.

The two might be related. Any suggestions as to what it might be please? I'm on 07976 033043 if anyone can help please.

jason850t5
Saturday 22nd January 2011, 17:50
I had this problem in my 850. Turned out to be the abs module.

silverswedemachine
Thursday 27th January 2011, 21:24
The other chap mite be rite, but to me its just the fact that when you press the brake pedal quickly your using up the stored vacuum in the servo (assistance), you have to remember that these cars spend alot of time on boost - no vacuum... the brakes need that vacuum to work properly... I also find that if you go from boost to braking really quick, it takes a little time for the assistance to come in... Hope that makes sense...

merc85
Thursday 27th January 2011, 22:42
Decent brake pads??