PDA

View Full Version : little boost problem help

lotuscorsa
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 22:31
Hello all.
I have a volvo C70 2.4 LPT manual T reg ME7 engine with a cone filter,bailey dump valve,turbo blank plate,manual boost controller set at 10 PSI,and the standard boost controller is conected but pipes are not.
When driving and press the loud peddle lightly it boosts up to 10PSI and holds perfect,but if i slam the loud peddle it boost to 10 PSI then drops off and slowly goes back to 10PSI any reson for this.Any help please

mightywolf
Thursday 20th January 2011, 08:01
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the ME7 engines don't like mbc's do they?
Sure I've read someting about that on here somewhere. That could be the problem?

p fandango
Thursday 20th January 2011, 13:03
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the ME7 engines don't like mbc's do they?
Sure I've read someting about that on here somewhere. That could be the problem?
well spotted didn't even notice that. ME7's are too smart & measure boost, wouldn't be surprised if the dump valve is causing the ECU some headaches as well

lotuscorsa
Thursday 20th January 2011, 18:15
I dont under stand it boost up fine and dumps it and starts again and hold the boost perfectly.

mightywolf
Thursday 20th January 2011, 20:10
But the ecu will be still trying to control the boost even with the mbc on. It'll be holding it off I think to try and keep it at the correct boost level.
On a pre-ME7 it fools the ecu so boost can be altered.
Pedro knows loads more about this than me. He'll tell ya!

p fandango
Thursday 20th January 2011, 21:13
with the BCS piping took off the ME7 won't be able to directly lower the boost, so must be either backing the throttle off or altering the timing to try & get the boost back within normal scale.