PDA

View Full Version : 940 Lights Problems!!

Crazy_C
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 18:46
I have developed a strange, and rather annoying problem with my lights on my 940.

I was sorting out a switch for the front fog lights as I have a custom made dash, and to get a warning light for when the front fogs are on, I was advised to connect the switch to the relay, and since doing this, the following don't work:

- both sidelights
- RH headlight
- RH high beam
- both front fog lights
- RH tail light
- indicators
- hazards

However, the headlamp, high beam and tail light work on the left side of the car. I've checked the fuses and they're fine.

Any idea on what the issue could be?

Cheers

t5 pete
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 18:56
First off i would dissconnect the switch from the relay and then see if every thing return to normal if it does its obvious what ever you have connected your swith to is overiding the rest of the lights and functions. if your wanting some sort of warning for when you have your fogs on why not fit a light or led in the dash and a wire geading to the fogs so when the fogs are on the light will come on

Crazy_C
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 19:01
I've disonnected the switch, still nada. It was working before, but the switch didn't illuminate (it's a light up toggle one), so was told to connect it to the wire on point 86 on the relay for it to work, and since doing that, all the problems have happened.

I tried fitting an LED too, but for some reason, the LED was on when the fogs were off and off when they were turned on, which is when I was told to wire to the relay.

t5 pete
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 19:12
Next thing to try then is replacing/testing the relay and also check the relays for the lights as its deffinatly shorted something or damaged a relay and just make sure you havent dislodged any thing while routing through wires/relays

Crazy_C
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 19:17
Replaced the fog lamp relay already, still no joy on that one. I thought that if it was the lights relay then none of the lights would work so didn't bother replacing that one.

It's just really annoying!!! Things were going really well too!

If I can't find the problem, I'll just run the wires separately and do it my own way LOL

Crazy_C
Wednesday 19th January 2011, 21:55
Just thinking, is it worth replacing the headlamp relay? Could that have an effect on the lights on one side, and on the hazards / turn signals?

Only relay I replaced was the front foglamp relay.

Crazy_C
Friday 28th January 2011, 22:04
Lights problem resolved now, with my own wiring harness, and this lovely switch panel! :lol: Though after doing this, I thought I'll remake the panel, and have it so that the switches are in a smiley face :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs007.snc6/165785_10150093120604081_504404080_6181507_6821305 _n.jpg