PDA

View Full Version : increasing CC of 2.3 T-5 engine

gotmeaT-5
Monday 17th January 2011, 15:01
I've got a plan to increase the CC of my 2.3 T-5 engine as it's being rebuilt to a stronger spec [Yes I bent a Rod too much welly]

I don't want to go down the route of fitting the 2.4 if it's even possible due to the Automatic gearbox. Has anyone done this and where did you locate the pistons or is a stroker kit available somewhere in the world?

Jamest5r
Monday 17th January 2011, 18:12
Forged pistions come in 81.5mm which is 0.5mm more than standard apart from that there is no real point going further but as its an auto just get some forged rods(£380) and leave the block as it is.

Chopster
Monday 17th January 2011, 19:43
I've got a complete 2.4 engine and turbo you can have for £100 ;)
pm me if you're interested

Ian

gotmeaT-5
Monday 17th January 2011, 21:10
I agree with you James on the pistons but isn't that simple oversize which the bore has to be oversized too to accomodate the piston so not the same as increasing the CC as the stroke isn't altered which is something I want to do which is where the stroker kit comes in.

I'm off to the USA to speak with a company who claims they do a stroker kit for the 81mm pistons

p fandango
Tuesday 18th January 2011, 01:50
I agree with you James on the pistons but isn't that simple oversize which the bore has to be oversized too to accomodate the piston so not the same as increasing the CC as the stroke isn't altered which is something I want to do which is where the stroker kit comes in.
the engines cc is increased by increasing the width of the bore/pistons. The T-5 (2319cc) engine is built from the 850's 2.5 (2435cc) engine & has the same 90mm stroke but has a 81mm bore instead of the original 83mm bore

Volvostorm
Tuesday 18th January 2011, 20:11
I have the 81.5mm pistons, I worked out my new cc as 2350, yes, I was bored!