PDA

View Full Version : Cam Belt Kit?

Dave86
Saturday 15th January 2011, 12:27
In need of a cambelt change anyone know where the best / cheapest place to buy the kit from.

nobananas
Saturday 15th January 2011, 12:36
In need of a cambelt change anyone know where the best / cheapest place to buy the kit from.

Can't say exactly where is cheapest for you but personally I would go for a Gates or Goodyear kit as they are top quality (Gates are OEM on many makes). I get my parts trade and even to me the Goodyear kit for my 850 is the best part of 100 quid, just as a ballpark figure for you. Don't forget that the belt runs the water pump too so it may be advisable to replace that also unless your 100 percent sure that's it's okay.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th January 2011, 00:39
Don't forget also to change your belt tensioner - avoiding it is a false economy.

Alex.
Monday 17th January 2011, 07:52
I've just received a genuine Volvo timing belt kit and auxiliary belt from Rufe up in Swansea.

His price was £77.28 for the timing belt kit (toothed belt, tensioner, idler wheel) and £22.18 for the auxiliary belt. Plus £10 postage.

These seemed like very good prices to me!
Hopefully he won't mind me posting them and you will need to confirm that these parts are applicable to your engine. Mine is a 1999 C70 T5 GT, with an ME7 engine.

Alex.