PDA

View Full Version : BCS replacement

cherry1809
Friday 14th January 2011, 16:01
What company supplied that after market replacement, That was supposed to be better? Was it better?

p fandango
Friday 14th January 2011, 16:06
IPD, & no don't bother

cherry1809
Saturday 15th January 2011, 11:07
Cheers bud.
Think mines messing about, Didn't want to boost the other day, Then all of a sudden it just kicked in.

LiamT4
Saturday 15th January 2011, 12:30
Cheers bud.
Think mines messing about, Didn't want to boost the other day, Then all of a sudden it just kicked in.

Sounds similar to what mine was doing, although its been fine for weeks now.
No fault codes but occasionally a huge lack of power, seems to be either the bcs or the actuator.

Trying to find some pics of the turbo area so i can see what i'm looking at.
Any reliable places on the net that sell bcs? Can't seem to find one on partsforvolvos.

EDIT. do the blitz/apexi ebc's have there own bcs?

Barnsley-Bill
Saturday 15th January 2011, 14:20
go for an original one and until you replace it watch for boost spikes or you could end up with bent rods

Al115
Saturday 15th January 2011, 14:48
I think I've got spares off both 1999 and 2001 T4s if anyone with a 40-series is in need. Different part numbers so I assume they are not interchangeable. Don't know if either were also fitted to the T5s?

p fandango
Saturday 15th January 2011, 18:28
EDIT. do the blitz/apexi ebc's have there own bcs?
yeh i don't think you'll get a EBC that doesn't come with its own solenoid

LiamT4
Saturday 15th January 2011, 21:13
yeh i don't think you'll get a EBC that doesn't come with its own solenoid

Cheers, i thought they did. Thats good, saves me getting another bcs. Just need to replace the actuator.

p fandango
Saturday 15th January 2011, 21:50
Cheers, i thought they did. Thats good, saves me getting another bcs. Just need to replace the actuator.
you still need to keep the old one plugged it to keep the ECU happy but won't matter if its a knackered one