PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 R Nearly finished But Running!!!!!!

GregE102
Monday 10th January 2011, 20:22
A Massive thanks to Tim Williams for doing my Build!!!
Anyone who has been there , Then you know!

Massive thanks for anyone who has helped me with the spec.

The list
All new Bearing, Bolts, Seals, Oil pump and Pistons
Don Rods
3" Ferita Angled DP
Ported Cylinder Head
Kalmar Union Billeted Fly Wheel
Tim Williams Big Bore TB
Reinforced Block
Ported HLM Low Breed Turbo
S60R Exhaust Manifold
S60R Water Pump
75mm Alloy IC
Setrab Engine oil cooler
RIP Pipie work & New coolant hoses
Catch Tank (Because Engine now has oil inside it!)
Wooden Manual Knob
850 R Clutch
Gripper Diff
Uprated Offside Engine mount
Non Dog Chewed Gear box tie bar bush
Secured Brake Pipes
Oil Tight Engine
Engine bay stripped and Re painted
Water tight Non flashing 55w HID Main & Dipped
Innovate Wide band AFR
60R/Porsche Front Brakes
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x8J Option of of 235/35
Runing Redline D4ATF in the PAS
Redline SAE 75W250 Gearbox oil
Redline 10W40 Oil in the Engine!
RBF660 Brake Fluid
Really Terrible Rattles Removed from Dash board Now strangly quite?

Still to fit:
Spa Oil Temp & Pressure Gauge
Replace "Custom to my spec" Fuel Pump
Aquamist Water Injection
470cc Injectors
70mm MAF
MTE Custom Map
Tax Disc Holder, Numberplate and rear Window sticker

Thanks Greg

The Flying Moose
Monday 10th January 2011, 20:36
Nice one Greg glad to hear its finally coming together for you.

Now all we need is some pictures ;)

LiamT4
Monday 10th January 2011, 20:40
Specs look good :B_thumb: Sounds like its gonna be a beast :firedevil

We need pics! lol

t5 pete
Monday 10th January 2011, 20:46
Sounds good
BUT

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/untitledvgtdfvghtd.jpg

p fandango
Monday 10th January 2011, 20:48
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/untitledvgtdfvghtd.jpg
no wonder the bloke on the right is so skinny, look what fast food place is behind them lol

t5 pete
Monday 10th January 2011, 20:58
lol pedro

t5lover
Monday 10th January 2011, 21:27
no wonder the bloke on the right is so skinny, look what fast food place is behind them lol

Pmsl pedro u crack me up lol

The Flying Moose
Monday 10th January 2011, 21:30
Pmsl pedro u crack me up lol

You havnt met him in the flesh yet then?

p fandango
Monday 10th January 2011, 21:32
You havnt met him in the flesh yet then?
i'm afraid he has lol

The Flying Moose
Monday 10th January 2011, 21:35
i'm afraid he has lol

Oh dear another victim sorry t5lover, we should have warned you.

Sorry for hi-jack also :(

p fandango
Monday 10th January 2011, 21:49
Oh dear another victim sorry t5lover, we should have warned you.
he's got to put up with me again soon :biggrin: lol

t5_monkey
Monday 10th January 2011, 21:50
I wanna see... photos!!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50732000/jpg/_50732082_010982956-1.jpg

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 01:25
What would you like to see pic's of?

t5 pete
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 08:02
car/engine/etc

JelT5
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 08:46

Isn't that you on the left of the picher mate lol

Great mods to your car Greg- sounds like it's going to be the dogs wotsits mate :)

BruceT
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 09:02
No suspension upgrades?

p fandango
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 12:23
No suspension upgrades?
after your experiences would you let him loose on the suspension lol

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 12:29

Took me a minute to work that one out... dig at a certain individual there p fandango?

Chopper springs are excellent so I hear, also apparently if you put them in upside down they actually sit better.

p fandango
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 12:37
Took me a minute to work that one out... dig at a certain individual there p fandango?
lol don't know what you mean mate

also apparently if you put them in upside down they actually sit better.
i think you read the instructions wrong, you were meant to turn the spring over not the car (sorry mate)

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 12:44
Isn't that you on the left of the picher mate lol

Great mods to your car Greg- sounds like it's going to be the dogs wotsits mate :)

Thanks, It goes very well for what its running, Obviously its still being run in. With Blue Injectors and a borrowed 19T Rica map and i can't go past 5000 Rpm as the AFR's start to get to lean! Thank god I got an AFR Gauge!

Also the BSR fuel Pump That Russ sold me, Which he claimed was uprated and if i ever tuned my car would be more than up to the job! is not! In fact it's worse than the standard Bosh one:rolleyes:

Its boosting about .8-.9 of a bar below 4500 after that as its not the the map for my car the boost rises to 1 bar ad takes of like a stabbed rat.

Even running like that and with the mods it goes very well.

It will be Custom mapped soon and I will be running Wallbro 255 and 470cc VXR Injectors then it will be finished!

Cheers Grerg

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 12:54
No suspension upgrades?

Hello Bruce

It already has Suspension Upgrades, It has front and rear IPD antiroll bars, heavy duty Mahl drop links had new arms fitted Poly bushed and Koni FSD's and Eibach springs.

Again I am Not personally happy with my FSD's I never have been since the day they where fitted i reported them bottoming out.

I will be replacing them with either Koni Yellows or KW 2's if i can justify the extra cost.

I remember when i bought my FSD's from Russ he told me they where the best option for my 850, they where not I have been in cars with Koni Yellow and others makes as well all are better except for people who have original ones obviously

Greg

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 12:57
I think its entirely on prefference, I found the FSD's on mine coupled with IPD anti-roll bars, IPD strut brace and 40mm H&R Lowering springs was fine. The car has never bottomed out.

I have never used any other aftermarket suspension before my FSD's so couldnt compare but never heard of them bottoming out.

BruceT
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 13:02
Hello Bruce

It already has Suspension Upgrades, It has front and rear IPD antiroll bars, heavy duty Mahl drop links had new arms fitted Poly bushed and Koni FSD's and Eibach springs.

Again I am Not personally happy with my FSD's I never have been since the day they where fitted i reported them bottoming out.

I will be replacing them with either Koni Yellows or KW 2's if i can justify the extra cost.

I remember when i bought my FSD's from Russ he told me they where the best option for my 850, they where not I have been in cars with Koni Yellow and others makes as well all are better except for people who have original ones obviously

Greg

I have never been in a 850 with KONI FSD Dampers, but I did have Koni Yellow Adjustables on my old 855. I thought these offered a good setup.

Have you considered the FK Highsport/Silverline Coilovers?

Im considering the latter for my upgraded suspension in a few months, the KW's are just too expensive and I dont need the adjustability of bound/re-bound rates, personally.

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 13:35

Yes I have absolutely no quarms about letting him work on my suspension or any other part of my car he has done an excellent job! All over

Very funny you should say that though when Tim was looking over the when he found the front Offside bottom wish bone bolt was loose and had evidently never been tightened up from when fitted:eek:
Not life threatening but not good.

But you may trash this thread as much as you like Pedoro, as those who want to talk tuning will and you can continue to do what ever you like as far as i am bothered.

This is just a thread about what has worked? and not worked? and the pit falls of tuning.

Funny BB54 used to say you where alright and used to talk about nothing other than tuning!

Thanks Greg

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 13:44
I think its entirely on prefference, I found the FSD's on mine coupled with IPD anti-roll bars, IPD strut brace and 40mm H&R Lowering springs was fine. The car has never bottomed out.

I have never used any other aftermarket suspension before my FSD's so couldnt compare but never heard of them bottoming out.

I had the Eibach springs with mine, Example 70mph dual caridgeway 8-10' long dip in the road and bang, it was as if the shock was hunting for a set position? Even the guy who did the brake test on my car as it had a diff fitted said it was one of the worst suspension set ups he had felt.

I used to have to avoid it and still do now A47 still there, dose not happen in any other cars and i have tried a few! lol

Eventually i am going to get Koni Yellows I think and sell the FSD's with the springs that come with the new yellows and keep the Eibach's

Then apart from a set S60R rears my car is done and time to enjoy some track days:smile:

Thanks Greg

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 13:56
I had the Eibach springs with mine, Example 70mph dual caridgeway 8-10' long dip in the road and bang, it was as if the shock was hunting for a set position? Even the guy who did the brake test on my car as it had a diff fitted said it was one of the worst suspension set ups he had felt.

I used to have to avoid it and still do now A47 still there, dose not happen in any other cars and i have tried a few! lol

Eventually i am going to get Koni Yellows I think and sell the FSD's with the springs that come with the new yellows and keep the Eibach's

Then apart from a set S60R rears my car is done and time to enjoy some track days:smile:

Thanks Greg

It will be a very nice setup indeed when complete, shame mine has been wrecked as you could have driven it and compared the suspension to yours, I used to travel to Gorelston and Bradwell quite often.

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 14:07
I was sorry to hear of what happened to your car but the main thing is your are going to be ok and was not seriously injured!

To be honest i reported from the out set that i was not happy with my set up but nothing was ever done about it, don't get me wrong there are 10 times better than the standard ones that where worn out, but i have been in cars with other new ones and they make mine look silly.

Any Ideas on what you will next?

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 14:37
I was sorry to hear of what happened to your car but the main thing is your are going to be ok and was not seriously injured!

To be honest i reported from the out set that i was not happy with my set up but nothing was ever done about it, don't get me wrong there are 10 times better than the standard ones that where worn out, but i have been in cars with other new ones and they make mine look silly.

Any Ideas on what you will next?

Another Volvo without doubt, just find a tidy one for a good price. Would like another R but dont think its realistic.

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 14:45
It all looks pretty standard as that was what i wanted but its all in there i am even going to replace the Optiflow cone with the original Airbox

The Stereo is blue tooth and works with my phone all wire's are hidden mic is near sun visor.

There is a full control Ipod wire roughted through to the centre arm rest

The hole where the AFR gauge is temporary until my Spa Gauge Oil Temp & Pressure arrive then the correct panel will be cut and fitted

The Dash has had foam fitted between every gap in the dash before it was put back to stop rattles and squeaks

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 14:56
Any others required then just ask guys!

I know the car looks Dirty but i was out playing last night!!

macp
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 15:08
Lovely car Greg glad its coming back together I know you have had a tough time recently.Liking how the car still looks very OE.

Its way down my list but I also want to look at suspension options in the future to improve ride mostly although certainly not terrible.If this comes at the expense of a little ride height so be it as long as its relatively subtle.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 15:14
Looks the part and very tidy indeed. Whats more a rare green T5-R saloon.

How do you clean the BSR air filter, wish mine was that clean!

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 15:18
Lovely car Greg glad its coming back together I know you have had a tough time recently.Liking how the car still looks very OE.

Its way down my list but I also want to look at suspension options in the future to improve ride mostly although certainly not terrible.If this comes at the expense of a little ride height so be it as long as its relatively subtle.

Thanks Very much

I know the wheels are not original but it was the Best option for the Porsche BBK to fit behind the wheels, i could have used spacers but decided to go with pro race 1.2's they also give me the option of running up to 235/35/17 which is a massive improvement in terms of Grip.

Suspension i am looking at getting either Koni yellows or KW 2's but am finding it hard to justify the extra cost of the KW's.

Thanks Greg

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 15:25
Looks the part and very tidy indeed. Whats more a rare green T5-R saloon.

How do you clean the BSR air filter, wish mine was that clean!

Thanks

Well I hope you get another and fit as much of the old stuff as possible! as i have liked the looks of your car for ages, it saddened me to see your pic's but i am glad your going to be ok which is the main thing

You just pop of the filter and hit it with an air line, its getting replaced soon back to an original one well actually one from an ME7 so i can have the larger maf housing, but still have the standard top fitted.

So apart from the catch tank and RIP it should look standard under the bonnet

Cheers Greg

BruceT
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 15:26
Looks nice Greg!

Shame its not a proper Volvo though ;)

(There is no space for the dog) :p

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 16:07
Looks nice Greg!

Shame its not a proper Volvo though ;)

(There is no space for the dog) :p

LOL How do you you figure that one Bruce? :confused: lol

Wait is it the stereo? lol

Thanks Bruce

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 16:09
LOL How do you you figure that one Bruce? :confused: lol

Wait is it the stereo? lol

Thanks Bruce

Its not an estate... lol

Jamest5r
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 16:45
Coming along very nicely Greg, hope to see you at a 1/4 mile in the future.

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 16:59
Its not an estate... lol

Dam Dam and double Dam your right!!! and the caravans missing to lol

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 17:03
Coming along very nicely Greg, hope to see you at a 1/4 mile in the future.

Thanks its taken a long time.

It will be well into the summer time before i even get near one but will have a go just to see whats it all about? must admit i am looking forward to doing some track driving though!!

Volvostorm
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 19:19
Sounds like its going to be a nice car, I can't wait to get mine back

ex911driver
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 19:30
How much for the optiflow airfilter greg?

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 19:47
looking good greg sounding even better!!

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 20:08
Sounds like its going to be a nice car, I can't wait to get mine back

Apart from the fuel bill they are well worth the wait! but if i was bothered about that i would have bought Diesel! sorry for the bad language!!!

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 20:10
How much for the optiflow airfilter greg?

I will send you a pm when i am finished with it in the mean time send me a pm on T5D5 and i will give you a call to take you out for a drive.

Cheers Greg

GregE102
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 20:13
looking good greg sounding even better!!

Thanks Marty

Yes the noise it makes is something else, how i have missed that 5 cylinder noise!

Volvostorm
Tuesday 11th January 2011, 20:45
Apart from the fuel bill they are well worth the wait! but if i was bothered about that i would have bought Diesel! sorry for the bad language!!!

Your excused ;) Mine's still on LPG, so shouldn't be too bad, thought I wonder what my Garrett is going to think of it?

GregE102
Wednesday 12th January 2011, 00:50
Your excused ;) Mine's still on LPG, so shouldn't be too bad, thought I wonder what my Garrett is going to think of it?

You will fly like the wind with a Garrett i should think?
I am having serious with mine so yours should be bonkers!

Thanks Greg

GregE102
Wednesday 12th January 2011, 00:55
I have never been in a 850 with KONI FSD Dampers, but I did have Koni Yellow Adjustables on my old 855. I thought these offered a good setup.

Have you considered the FK Highsport/Silverline Coilovers?

Im considering the latter for my upgraded suspension in a few months, the KW's are just too expensive and I dont need the adjustability of bound/re-bound rates, personally.

A lot of people have said the Yellows where a good set up! with coilover's if i was going to get them it would be the KW 2's Barnsly Bill has just bought a set of coil over and they look very good for the money so we will see?

I also intend to do track days as well, but saying that Tim dose just fine with his Yellows

Thanks Greg

GregE102
Monday 16th May 2011, 11:08
Update & New pants required!!!!!

Big Thanks To The Williams Again for having my car for so long again!

Car is Now Complete! Apart from A Custom map!

Now To Add to the List
BC V1 Race Coilover's, MRG 4 wheel Alignment
Porsche Cayenne Rear Calipers and S60R rear disks
DS2500's all round
Oil Temp/Pressure Gauge
470cc Injectors
Water Injection + Tank in Boot
Walbro Fuel Pump

Plus lots of little things that he has done that will improve the car which i can't even remember

End result?

Well the handling is now sorted Thanks to Tim spending a long time at MRG getting the 4 wheel wobbly bit done, he managed to get 1.5 deg camber from the bottom of the suspension with out touching the top mount at zero and then done it again and made it so it has 2.5 deg of camber with the top mount pushed full over! So for road driving 1.5 deg Camber zero on the top mount, And turn up to track and set them to full over for 2.5 deg camber for track.
With all the IPD ARB's, Diff, Bushes and links I am over whelmed by how well it goes round Corners it leaves the FSD & Eibach combo for dead

Power is amazing, now with the new fuel pump, WI. and injectors seems to have sorted the fueling Issues and it pulls like a train with no sign of letting up its fast very fast!

That little 16t with the different core is amazing! With 3 big guys in the car and some bits and bobs in the boot it was still pulling like a train! And from low revs as well it a very usable turbo, and it still pulled with increasing boost all the way to the red line! boost comes in at about 1800 rpm @ 1 bar and climbs with the RPM to 1.5 bar. I can't see the need to go any bigger with regards to turbo's, Having driven cars with GT28's and 30's personally they where both to much for me lol plus i am **** at Driving

Again!
Thanks Tim Williams you Genius! you have made a very special little car

And Thanks all who helped get parts and shared there tuning tips

PS if you want a car built Go to Tim! He is your man

Still Left to do :mischievo

Start doing track days & Enjoy! & Just a full respray next year

wills t5
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 22:35
Nice one!!!!!! Im so coming to see it mate! Lol

GregE102
Thursday 19th May 2011, 12:55
All Right Will!!

Yes if your ever around this way I will take you out for a spin!

No Worries!

Cheers Greg

wills t5
Friday 20th May 2011, 22:36
Im well up for that mate! Def organise something for next time Im home.:B_steerin

GregE102
Saturday 4th May 2013, 23:38
Time for an update on the Mods List

Again Massive Thanks to Tim Williams, Ben and Qady, Chris, Jardon & Engineer for parts and advice!

My 850 is now a very good all round car as it has just had the following:
KW V2's Inox Amazing ride and handling!
M66 Gear Box and custom Linkage with hub centric bushes!
AEM Progressive water injection pump with new fabricated tank under the spear wheel!
Drive shafts replaced, steering rack and basically every thing else under the front of the car lol
Thanks to Jardon Who game me some friction modifier which has made the Diff very quite!
1 Bar TD04 Actuator! OMG
5 x Pro race 1.2's 4 with Kumo Track tyres
Custom Re map for the Methanol By Ben And Tim Not sure what Power it is running now but it like putting a couple of angry ferrets down your trousers!

What a combo it is!!

Thanks Greg

t5 pete
Saturday 4th May 2013, 23:40
Time for an update on the Mods List

Again Massive Thanks to Tim Williams, Ben and Qady, Chris, Jardon & Engineer for parts and advice!

My 850 is now a very good all round car as it has just had the following:
KW V2's Inox Amazing ride and handling!
M66 Gear Box and custom Linkage with hub centric bushes!
AEM Progressive water injection pump with new fabricated tank under the spear wheel!
Drive shafts replaced, steering rack and basically every thing else under the front of the car lol
Thanks to Jardon Who game me some friction modifier which has made the Diff very quite!
1 Bar TD04 Actuator! OMG
5 x Pro race 1.2's 4 with Kumo Track tyres
Custom Re map for the Methanol By Ben And Tim Not sure what Power it is running now but it like putting a couple of angry ferrets down your trousers!

What a combo it is!!

Thanks Greg

Sounds like alot of fun very nice

GregE102
Sunday 5th May 2013, 19:51
Well It dose not look any Different! But it sure as hell drives and goes like totally different car!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/SAM_0013.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/SAM_0013.jpg.html)
And as for that Pump Hidden away under the Air filter I can't believe it dose that?
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/SAM_0015.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/SAM_0015.jpg.html)
The new methanol tank is all hidden away nicely with enough room for the spear wheel as well!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/SAM_0014.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/SAM_0014.jpg.html)
Also you will notice the high density foam around the spear wheel as well, which has raised the level of the boot floor so the 8j wheel is now totally hidden away and looks normal with the carpet down!
It's a shame that Tim Has put so much work in to the car and I can't show any of it to you lol
The handeling is brilliant to say the least, After all the suspension I have been through with my 850 and there has been quite a bit! lol I just wish I had gone KW in the very beginning and saved my self a small fortune lol It so far seems to soak up all the bumps like a Normal new standard car but chuck it in to a bend and it just seems to firm up and feel great as you come out the other side! And I have not even firmed it up yet!
The Gearbox has taken a little bit of getting used to, but is super smooth, when i came back from Tims Yesterday I cruised at an average of 80 still under 3000rpm and it used a smidgen over 5 gallons to cover the 155 miles, not sure if that has anything to do with Tim & Bens Mapping though?
As for speed it so much faster than with the 5 speed box with out trying?
The Diff is now nearly totally silent after adding the friction Modifier, It has lost a Little bit of its pull but is easier to control I tested it out of a roundabout earlier and it still dose what it says on the Tin So top Tip if you want a diff Get a gripper and put Modifier in it and forget the Queef! as in the bends its about as much use as one in comparison! lol

Can't wait for my first Track day!

Thanks to Tim Again for all his hard work!
Thanks to Tim & Ben for Mapping it! Ben i know you went out of your way a few times whilst busy as well! so Thanks!
Thanks to Qady for Parts And Thanks to Gary the wise old owl for his advise as always!

Now where is Uncle Tez?

WOODY T5
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:32
looks very nice greg wots next then?

AndysR
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:41
Sounds like you've been busy with the car Greg, I love the boot set up now with your water injection tank sitting neatly under the spare wheel. Be good to see the car out at some of the trackdays, you have to let us know when your going to them.
Not jealous at all of your suspension set up... much.. lol My brothers got KW's on his S70 and they are phenominal, well worth the high asking price :smile:
Get some more pictures of the car in the sunshine she's hiding in the shade in that shot ;)

iancho
Monday 6th May 2013, 05:55
Very Pleased to read that you have finally done it all Greg after everything you went through a few years ago. Keep up the good work and i hope to see it in the flesh one day :)

martybelfastt5
Monday 6th May 2013, 14:49
one sorted 850 there congrats greg!

GregE102
Monday 6th May 2013, 17:14
looks very nice greg wots next then?
Thanks Woody Mate

The Next thing is Bucket seats (Now a Must!) and maybe a respray after the Ring this year! lol

GregE102
Monday 6th May 2013, 17:29
Sounds like you've been busy with the car Greg, I love the boot set up now with your water injection tank sitting neatly under the spare wheel. Be good to see the car out at some of the trackdays, you have to let us know when your going to them.
Not jealous at all of your suspension set up... much.. lol My brothers got KW's on his S70 and they are phenominal, well worth the high asking price :smile:
Get some more pictures of the car in the sunshine she's hiding in the shade in that shot ;)

Hello Andy, How's it all going?
Snetterton is my local Track but I will also be doing Cadwell at some point and hopefully the Ring this year!
As for the Suspension its now been Apparently? made better with different valve Technology, and and other minor changes it now has a 22 click settings instead of just a complete turn! and the Inox coating to prevent further corrosion, I thought they where already one of the better ones on the market for that!

Has to be said though I bought mine based on Blackbeasts And having driven both can't find any difference! I wished now I had asked for first refusal on them, As I was away when they came up for grabs and by the Time i got home, there was already a deposit taken! So I bite the Bullet and ordered a new set, And now they are back up for sale again! Doh!
But never mind they are a great shock whether Blackbeasts & your Brothers model or the current ones!

As for the Pic's the paint is looking very old now and a respray is on the cards but its just a case of when?
Put it this way I not dare out it next to your's! lol it would put me to shame!

Cheers Greg

GregE102
Monday 6th May 2013, 17:33
Very Pleased to read that you have finally done it all Greg after everything you went through a few years ago. Keep up the good work and i hope to see it in the flesh one day :)

I think there is more to do! Now it handels so well you need bucket seats to hold you in place better as it corners so well, and some harnesses for the track which are removable?
The search will be long to find something that matches the car and dose not look out of place and it needs to come in Jacamo size as well lol!

Cheers Greg

BlackBeast
Monday 6th May 2013, 17:46
Focus RS seats like the one I had. You managed to fit in it!

AndysR
Monday 6th May 2013, 20:57
Hello Andy, How's it all going?
Snetterton is my local Track but I will also be doing Cadwell at some point and hopefully the Ring this year!
As for the Suspension its now been Apparently? made better with different valve Technology, and and other minor changes it now has a 22 click settings instead of just a complete turn! and the Inox coating to prevent further corrosion, I thought they where already one of the better ones on the market for that!

Has to be said though I bought mine based on Blackbeasts And having driven both can't find any difference! I wished now I had asked for first refusal on them, As I was away when they came up for grabs and by the Time i got home, there was already a deposit taken! So I bite the Bullet and ordered a new set, And now they are back up for sale again! Doh!
But never mind they are a great shock whether Blackbeasts & your Brothers model or the current ones!

As for the Pic's the paint is looking very old now and a respray is on the cards but its just a case of when?
Put it this way I not dare out it next to your's! lol it would put me to shame!

Cheers Greg
Sounds good, Snetterton isn't a million miles from me either. Let me know when you next go and I'll see about popping up, be good to see the car and maybe get a passenger lap..? :)

GregE102
Monday 6th May 2013, 23:51
Sounds good, Snetterton isn't a million miles from me either. Let me know when you next go and I'll see about popping up, be good to see the car and maybe get a passenger lap..? :)
Your welcome for a passenger lap anytime Andy!
And it would be good to you in your car as well, Yikes better try and get it painted before you get here lol!

GregE102
Tuesday 7th May 2013, 00:24
Focus RS seats like the one I had. You managed to fit in it!
Yes but my rear end has grown since then!!
I am not sure what to go for?
I have seen these but am unsure of the quality as I know pictures can and generally do lie!
http://www.motorspeed.com/Autostyle-RS6-Style-Black-Trim-Sports-Recliner-Seat-with-Uni/cat/3/sub/13/product/4915
What do you think?
Cheers Greg

AndysR
Tuesday 7th May 2013, 21:54
Your welcome for a passenger lap anytime Andy!
And it would be good to you in your car as well, Yikes better try and get it painted before you get here lol!

Nice one, was going to ask you a Combe 2 years ago but you seemed quite busy most of the time so decided against butting in...

Madbloke100
Saturday 25th May 2013, 09:14
Looking good

GregE102
Saturday 8th June 2013, 15:26
Update and at last it has been painted! and the pics don't really do it justice!

Still need to dye the bumpers but here are a few pic of what Tez did to my car, I was shocked to start with!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0002-1.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0002-1.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0003.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0003.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0004.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0004.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0005.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0005.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0006-1.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0006-1.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0007.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0007.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0008.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0008.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0009.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0009.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0010.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0010.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0011.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0011.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0012.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0012.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0013-1.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0013-1.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0013.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0013.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0015-1.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0015-1.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/IMAG0016.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/IMAG0016.jpg.html)
Looking rater Sad

GregE102
Saturday 8th June 2013, 15:34
But then they did some of this! quite a few time's its had two coats of pain and three lots of lacquer and was oven'd quite a few time wet and flatted quite a bit of which i am not sure how many times? then finally the did two coat of profesional wax.
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/Downloads_IMG_99801.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/Downloads_IMG_99801.jpg.html)
And it came out looking like this, and for once I can say the photo's don't do it justice!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_193541.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_193541.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_193606.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_193606.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_194632.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_194632.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_194712.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_194712.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_194724.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_194724.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_194755.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_194755.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_214201.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_214201.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_214205.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_214205.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_211336.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_211336.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130607_194732.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130607_194732.jpg.html)
More to follow when i have done the trim and bumpers!
But I am Over the Moon with it to say the least
Thanks to Tez & Emma again for looking after me, feeding me, collecting me from the train station, all the trips down to the body shop to check on it and of course getting an excellent job done!
Thanks Greg

GregE102
Saturday 8th June 2013, 15:35
Must Get some tips from Andy on how to take pic?

WOODY T5
Saturday 8th June 2013, 18:43
just the job to finish off a cracking motor looks very very nice greg well done love it

The Flying Moose
Saturday 8th June 2013, 21:31
Looks the bloody §§§§§§§§ Greg! Have you got it home yet? I must pop over and catch up...

graemewelch
Saturday 8th June 2013, 21:35
that finish looks amazing. now go get some bumper dye.

merc85
Saturday 8th June 2013, 21:38
Now that everyone is a shiny car lol, Clean as AndysR?? hummm :B_thumb:

AndysR
Saturday 8th June 2013, 23:00
Looks the mutts nuts Greg! You must be very pleased with that, when you do your next track day I'll pop over a take some pics for you ;)

GregE102
Sunday 9th June 2013, 10:37
Looks the bloody §§§§§§§§ Greg! Have you got it home yet? I must pop over and catch up...
Hello Emlyn
I am about for the next two weeks pop over if you get a chance! or we can hook up some where?

Cheers Greg

GregE102
Sunday 9th June 2013, 10:38
just the job to finish off a cracking motor looks very very nice greg well done love it

Thanks mate

Credit has to go to Tez he is the one who sorted out the hole thing!

GregE102
Sunday 9th June 2013, 10:48
Looks the mutts nuts Greg! You must be very pleased with that, when you do your next track day I'll pop over a take some pics for you ;)

Hi Andy! Tanks mate, I am chuffed to bits with it, still a few things to do believe it or not! I need new roof strips as mine are shot to bits and have to get round to doing the trim gell will most likely give it a go today!
I will not be tracking it for a month yet to allow the paint to fully harden even though it has been in an oven a fair few times!
But when i do the next track day come along for passenger laps and use your skills for a photo session! will be appreciated and needed lol

Cheers Greg

GregE102
Sunday 9th June 2013, 15:10
Some Wurth Bumper Pastic Dye added front and rear!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130609_131908.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130609_131908.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130609_131918.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130609_131918.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130609_135211.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130609_135211.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130609_135231.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130609_135231.jpg.html)
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20130609_135248.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/20130609_135248.jpg.html)
This stuff is well worth the money!

AndysR
Sunday 9th June 2013, 15:24
Looking ace! A very nice looking car indeed, look forward to seeing it in the flesh some time soon :)

martybelfastt5
Monday 10th June 2013, 20:01
stunning greg just stunning

MIKESC70T5
Monday 10th June 2013, 21:11
That's looks amazing Greg. A great paint job, I'd be worried about taking it on track and getting the front all stone chipped lol. I know you need those wheels to fit the big brakes but I reckon getting some 18" pegs on there would finish it off and keep it looking oem-ish. :smile:

GregE102
Monday 10th June 2013, 22:50
That's looks amazing Greg. A great paint job, I'd be worried about taking it on track and getting the front all stone chipped lol. I know you need those wheels to fit the big brakes but I reckon getting some 18" pegs on there would finish it off and keep it looking oem-ish. :smile:

Thanks Mike!

It was looking so tired and I had decided to keep here so a respray it was!
With regards to stone chips, I know a good body shop! lol but it is to be driven after all!
Not so sure about 18's? apparently they kind of trash the ride on an 850, But I have spoken to Compomotive and they would be prepared to make a set for me that would clear that look very similar to Titian's with enough offset to in 17"!!!!!!!
But for now I will stick with the Pro race!

Cheers Greg

jdavis
Monday 10th June 2013, 23:06
That wurth bumper dye is great stuff. Just be careful when washing it, mines gone a bit patchy for some reason.
Car looks fantastic

GregE102
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:10
Update Time!

Well it's been a while since I got anything done:

I have learnt that if you're going to track a car and drive it hard it needs good parts if you want it to last!

The Last M66 I got was spanked before fitting so had very quickly become a pain in the arse.

Gripper diff was always noisy and clucked like a bugger till I put friction modifier in which quitened it down but made the diff less effective.

I had for a long time oil pressure and oil temp issues on track so I always had to take it easy.

Every time I did a track day the Clutch would slip no matter which one was in there.

The previous track I lost sight of my oil pressure for a short while and found my self on Wide open throttle with below 3 bar of oil pressure which resulted in the end of my turbo, Yes the HLM hybrid is finally dead.

So I since had fitted another M66 100K witnessed! what a difference!

Gripper have now made new plates for the Diff and it is quiet and does not bang infact it has been fit and forget and to have the full effectiveness back is great!

My oil temps and pressures are now fixed after fitting an S60R Sump and D5 Oil cooler, with temp of 120 deg I am still seeing pressures of 4.8 bar on WOT so no worries there!

It still has a bit of the HLM turbo left, the hot side, the wheel looks pretty shot after 30K but works just missing some of the bits of the blades lol, Tim williams did a full rebuild on it with a genuine Mitsubishi rebuild kit and managed to fit a standard wheel from a 16t on the cold side it is only boosting 1.2 though but still goes ok

The best thing I have done though is to fit an AP Clutch and lightened flywheel from Don, it feels like a standard clutch but never slipped once!

And just last friday the car was on track at Snetterton and was driven hard by 4 different people all of whom said the car was seamless with all its upgrades it really was a case of fit and forget all the new products above, which was great!
In the morning I was having fueling issues but Ben and Tim were on hand to map the car for me Thanks Guys As you will see and hear by the short vid it was running well after Lunch and sounded something like a Jet lol Milltek gotta love that sound!

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/th_20140221_153309.jpg (http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/20140221_153309.mp4)

Still to Do is:
Fit Recaro seats from a Honda accord type R
Fit original air box back because if you have an aftermarket cone job and have seen what they did to my turbo wheel on the cold side then you you would to!
Battery to be relocated to the boot
And Meth pump to go in the boot somewhere to?
Convert to Motronic 4.4

Again this has been a Mammoth Journey for Tim Williams as much as Me and Ben Lewis for mapping and now Tez again lol and All the people who I keep asking questions to! Thanks you know who you are!

The car is now able to go out on track for a good 20 mins and longer if need be (long enough in my book) cool for 20 and go again and is pretty flawless, still a few things to do lol
Where to start?

So the spec now as it stands is:

Williams hybrid 16T
VXR injectors
3"DP and Milltek Cat back
Don rods
Tim Head with ported and polished inlet and outlet
S60R sump and D5 Oil cooler
M66 Box with Gripper Diff
AP racing Clutch and Lightened flywheel
AEM water injection kit
Brembo 4 pots all round
KW Variant 2's
IPD roll bars F&R
And a selection of Pro race 1.2's lol

There is loads more stuff Tim has done, but to much to mention and there and a few bits to come yet!

Above is a recipe which really does work!

Cheers Greg

martybelfastt5
Monday 24th February 2014, 20:44
Sounds great and that's some tasty spec.......always looked at the recaros from the accord type r renault give the topend Clio 172 if I remember correct the sportlines as an upgrade in their cars and they where solid grey and black saying that the green tinge would look at home in your car lol

GregE102
Tuesday 25th February 2014, 16:00
Sounds great and that's some tasty spec.......always looked at the recaros from the accord type r renault give the topend Clio 172 if I remember correct the sportlines as an upgrade in their cars and they where solid grey and black saying that the green tinge would look at home in your car lol

Yes I have the ones with the green fleck in them so they will not look out of place! I did how ever need them at the last track day lol
It does sound good and is going well right now, but can't wait to get another turbo on it, not sure what I will be going for, Not a Garrett as everyone keeps telling me lol
We will see?

Cheers Greg

AndysR
Tuesday 25th February 2014, 20:53
Nice update Greg, good to see your enjoying the car. If I'd have known you were at Snetterton recently I'd have popped up and watched.

MIKESC70T5
Tuesday 25th February 2014, 21:06
I'm more concerned about this picture on your account Greg lol. :jaw:

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/a4848d12-727b-4cba-819c-05cb13d3e212.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/a4848d12-727b-4cba-819c-05cb13d3e212.jpg.html)

merc85
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 08:18
I'm more concerned about this picture on your account Greg lol. :jaw:

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/a4848d12-727b-4cba-819c-05cb13d3e212.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/a4848d12-727b-4cba-819c-05cb13d3e212.jpg.html)

Whats the matter mike? you not into dogging :uglyhamme

GregE102
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 21:19
lol yes it was something i googled for a piss take photo and not knowing how to post photo's photos direct i save them to desktop then Photobucket account and hey presto!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/MrGreenT5R/Austin.jpeg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/MrGreenT5R/media/Austin.jpeg.html)

I swear it's not me Baby lol

But I can see how it looks lol Infact I think it was for a former Member of this site who may be Banned from here? called Bongo Dave, it was a little pop asking was this what he did in his spare time lol

GregE102
Wednesday 26th February 2014, 21:27
Nice update Greg, good to see your enjoying the car. If I'd have known you were at Snetterton recently I'd have popped up and watched.

Hello Mate

I will post up next time! come along for a Passenger laps will be happy to take you round, hopefully I will have the Turbo back to its old self

I was running Kumo V70a track tyres for the day they are as good as R888's so there is loads of fun to be had I still did not find the limit of Grip! lol

Would be good to see your's in the flesh as well we are overdue a photo shoot! lol

Cheers Greg