PDA

View Full Version : car tax renewal

the-man-that-can
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:06
hello everyone. as u know i have sold my car to a member on here called jct5r he is picking the car up on wed's 5th. now thing is i get the car MOT done on the 5th too and the tax was out at the end of dec 2010 (the 30th dec) now do i have to tax the car like asap as in tomoz and charge the tax money onto the car to save meself getting an £85 fine from dvla? or can i hold out untill wed's the 5th and wait till john jct5r buys the car and taxes it himself? THANKS (andrew)

850rrace
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:09
hi there, get it taxed asap and charge the guy for it!!! its not worth the risk

the-man-that-can
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:18
well il go tax it in the morning i guess. THANKS :)

p fandango
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:23
or go online & declare it SORN

the-man-that-can
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:30
il just tax it tomoz then add the tax money to the car price. as john would have had to tax it anyhow to drive the car home legally. so i guess i may as well tax it saves troubles all round doesnt it :)

The Flying Banana
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:30
You legally get 7 days from the end of last tax as a grace period, its stated on the renewal slip so you will be ok

Tomcat
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:31
If he's buying the car then he'd have to tax it anyway, get it done and just add it on.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:36
Can you tax it tomorrow as it's a bank holiday?

the-man-that-can
Sunday 2nd January 2011, 22:38
oh yes MIKESC70T5 valid point THANKS. well looks like it will be tuesday then. i just didnt want to run the risk of getting a pointless £85 fine :D so il be at that postie 1st thing tuesday morning hahahaha

daveforber
Monday 3rd January 2011, 08:39
You could tax it online today, which registers it on the system and then forward the disc when it arrives?

And of course mention it to the guy who's buying the car that he needs to bring another £100 (or whatever) to save argument on the day!

SKIDMARKS
Monday 3rd January 2011, 09:26
You may not be able to tax it online if the mot runs out on the 5th as it is too close to tax renewal. I've twice had this problem...think they reckon you will tax it and then say sod the mot !