PDA

View Full Version : rubbing noise at 70mph?

dave
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 21:02
i can a hear rubbing noise when i hit 60+, worsted at 70mph, coming from one of the back wheels

i jacked up car, spun the back wheels, and one of them, you can feel something rubbing, once on a wheel revulotion

so im thinking maybe warped disc or wheel bearing?

anyone had the same, or any ideas on problem

2004 s60r (20,000miles)

cheers

dave

TedBovis
Thursday 21st July 2005, 11:50
The only thing I had that was rubbing at speed was a sticky caliper, cost me a few quid for a replacment caplier, new discs and whilst I was at it new pads. I could feel it when I was breaking shaking the wheels.

My problem happened on the A14 so I was stuffed and just had to drive slowly to Nottigham which caused the damage to discs and pads! but I guess it would have cost me just as much to get towed somewhere, plus the loss of work!

dave
Thursday 21st July 2005, 13:40
i used get a sticky caliper on the fiat coupe i had, that had brembo calipers like the volvo, so might be, i just need get it booked into main stealers.

cheers for info ted

dave

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 21st July 2005, 14:15
The only thing I had that was rubbing at speed was a sticky caliper, cost me a few quid for a replacment caplier, new discs and whilst I was at it new pads. I could feel it when I was breaking shaking the wheels.

My problem happened on the A14 so I was stuffed and just had to drive slowly to Nottigham which caused the damage to discs and pads! but I guess it would have cost me just as much to get towed somewhere, plus the loss of work!Yeah 1 of the calipers was stuck on the S60 i picked up yesterday, now it's freed off i can still hear the old bacon slicer effect as i drive where its catching, hopefully all will be resolved after the service next week.